Senior Project Manager
Eastern Region (Water and Sewer)
At Michels Canada, We Do That. Our company is passionate about our business, our customers and our talent! We are cultivating a culture of excellence and aspire to be best-in-class in the industry. Michels Canada is committed to supporting Canada’s prosperous future by constructing safe, reliable infrastructure solutions to serve the public’s energy, water and wastewater, and transportation needs. We care about doing what is best for our people, our customers, the communities in which we work and our country. We strive to provide our employees with meaningful and challenging work, and an engaging and collaborative environment in a fast paced setting.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation
- A challenging and rewarding work environment
- An opportunity to be part of an exciting, growing business!
Your Opportunity with Michels Canada
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for providing oversight of the Project Managers running the water, sewer, and underground utilities projects in Canada and assist with the development and mentoring of project managers and project engineers. The Senior PM will provide assistance with all phases of project procurement and project development as well as review project finances, schedule and provide assistance with project planning.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture for all employees, vendors, and customers and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- Responsible for quality and strict adherence to all quality standards. Conform to company policy.
- Develop and maintain all job reporting and logs to ensure project compliance
- Responsible for the day to day operations by monitoring and managing the project crew and performance, to ensure projects get completed on schedule, safely and within budget.
- Direct multiple crews performing independent operations concurrently, maintain high levels of efficiency without sacrificing safety and quality, solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations.
- Supervise, direct, and mentor project staff (including Project Managers, Project Engineers, and Project Teams) to ensure individual development and that project standards are met and work is completed on time and under budget.
- Manage job controls to ensure compliance with contract, budget, schedule, forecasting and job costing.
- Assist with business development.
- Represent company, project and/or department during client and project management meetings to ensure effective communication.
- Review financial cost projections during the project execution and upon project wrap-up.
- Review schedule/progress of projects and provide planning assistance to PM’s & Superintendents.
- Assist with claim development and review of project claims/change orders
- Liaison between Michels management and customers.
- Recruit new employees, participate in the full recruitment cycle including pre-screening, interviewing, and selecting candidates; as well as working with HR during the offer of employment stage.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- High school diploma or equivalent, 10-15 years of relevant experience (or as contract requires), or equivalent combination
- 5 or more years of experience in complex, multi-disciplinary civil construction projects such as water/waste water construction, tunneling & micro tunneling or power infrastructure
- Must possess a valid driver license for the type(s) of vehicles which may be driven and an acceptable driving record as determined by the DOT Operations Director and Michels Legal Department
- Competent with Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project or Oracle P6 Primavera
- Eligible to be registered as a Professional Engineer in B.C., Alberta or Ontario (Desired)
- PMP certification (Desired)
We offer competitive total compensation, meaningful and challenging work, and an engaging and collaborative environment. For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.michelscanada.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Michels Canada is committed to creating a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture, as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
Michels Canada is committed to supporting Canada’s prosperous future by constructing safe, reliable infrastructure solutions to serve the public’s energy, water and wastewater, and transportation needs. Michels Canada is headquartered in Nisku, Alberta, Canada, and serves many industries, including pipeline, HDD, tunneling, Direct Pipe, electrical power and communications.
Our capabilities span from relining deteriorating sewer and water mains and utility maintenance holes in expanding metropolitan areas, to building tunnels for wastewater treatment plants under the most densely populated regions of Canada. We construct reliable pipelines and underground river crossings for the critical growing energy sector. Michels is well equipped to mobilize equipment and personnel to projects in highly urban and very remote locations across Canada. Michels delivery methods include bid-build, design-bid-build and public-private partnerships (P3). We are a preferred partner on large-scale joint ventures in multiple segments of our business.
We care about doing what is best for our people, our customers, the communities in which we work and our country.