If you like variety and challenge, and take satisfaction from knowing your work supports modern construction, consider joining our foundations group. Michels designs and builds foundations for commercial developments, energy facilities and transportation projects. The end product might not be visible, but it will be essential. Our work improves lives. Find out how a career at Michels can change yours.
As a Crane Operator, your key responsibilities will be to safely and efficiently hoist loads required to construct drilled shafts and power lines. This position will perform any combination of the following duties on construction projects; maneuvering, navigating and operating equipment.
- We are consistently ranked among the top 10% of Engineering News-Record’s Top 400 Contractors
- Our steady, strategic growth revolves around a commitment to quality
- We are family owned and operated
- We invest an average of $5,000 per employee on training each year
- We reward hard work and dedication with limitless opportunities
- We believe it is everyone’s responsibility to promote safety, regardless of job titles.
- You thrive in fast-paced environments under tight deadlines
- You relish new challenges and evolving technology
- You enjoy collaborating and communicating with your teammates
- You like to know your efforts are noticed and appreciated
- You enjoy the challenge of operating heavy equipment
- You understand the immense responsibility and importance of safe construction operations
- You feel that true teamwork is the key to efficiency and productivity
- You are adaptable and flexible to the demands of varying factors throughout your work day
What it takes:
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) (desired)
- 6 months to 1 year related experience in drilled shafts or power line construction
- Experience using Link Belt 750 Hydraulic Crawler Crane
- Valid New York State Crane Certification Card
- Federal medical card
- Must possess a valid driver license for the type(s) of vehicles which may be driven and an acceptable driving record
- Commercial Driver’s License (desired)