North Vancouver, BC
At Michels Canada, We Do That. Our company is passionate about our business, our customers and our talent! We are cultivating a culture of excellence and aspire to be best-in-class in the industry. Michels Canada is committed to supporting Canada’s prosperous future by constructing safe, reliable infrastructure solutions to serve the public’s energy, water and wastewater, and transportation needs. We care about doing what is best for our people, our customers, the communities in which we work and our country. We strive to provide our employees with meaningful and challenging work, and an engaging and collaborative environment in a fast paced setting.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation
- A challenging and rewarding work environment
- An opportunity to be part of an exciting, growing business!
Your Opportunity with Michels Canada
The Project Engineer will manage the contract administration of a phase of a larger infrastructure project or manage multiple smaller infrastructure projects equaling $50M+, ensuring profitable operations. Plan, direct, and coordinate activities of designated project(s) to ensure that goals or objectives of project are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate engineers. Critical for success is the ability to simultaneously manage multiple priorities in a fast paced environment. Must be detail oriented and flexible and possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture for all employees, vendors, and customers and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions
- Assist Project Manager, Safety Officer and/or Project Superintendent on coordination of daily activities and technical assignments
- Ensure Implementation and Compliance with ESCP
- Ensure all necessary permits are in place and monitor/report compliance
- Prepare and maintain an accurate Change Order Log and Costing Program
- Prepare, submit and maintain construction documents (submittals, project/job reports, invoices, schedules, revenue/cost analyses and projections, claim documentation, traffic control plans, payroll reports, subcontract documents and change orders) as direct by the Project Manager
- Coordination of subcontractors, material and equipment suppliers
- When necessary act as a liaison with client and other project representatives to accomplish project objectives
- Prepare and Plan layout of work and survey as required
- Implement, monitor and maintain company policies, reports and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Engineering Degree or technical diploma (with additional experience) in relevant discipline with 2-5 years’ construction and project management. Experience in major construction projects
- Engineering or EIT designation with a provincial regulatory body such as APEGA, EGBC, or PEO, or an Engineering Technologist
- Familiar with Microsoft Office suite
- Valid Driver’s License and clean driver’s abstract
- Ability to work away from home for extended periods in various projects sites across Canada
We offer competitive total compensation, meaningful and challenging work, and an engaging and collaborative environment. For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.michelscanada.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Michels Canada is committed to creating a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture, as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
Michels Canada is committed to supporting Canada’s prosperous future by constructing safe, reliable infrastructure solutions to serve the public’s energy, water and wastewater, and transportation needs. Michels Canada is headquartered in Nisku, Alberta, Canada, and serves many industries, including pipeline, HDD, tunneling, Direct Pipe, electrical power and communications.
Our capabilities span from relining deteriorating sewer and water mains and utility maintenance holes in expanding metropolitan areas, to building tunnels for wastewater treatment plants under the most densely populated regions of Canada. We construct reliable pipelines and underground river crossings for the critical growing energy sector. Michels is well equipped to mobilize equipment and personnel to projects in highly urban and very remote locations across Canada. Michels delivery methods include bid-build, design-bid-build and public-private partnerships (P3). We are a preferred partner on large-scale joint ventures in multiple segments of our business. We care about doing what is best for our people, our customers, the communities in which we work and our country.