Health Safety & Environment
At Michels Canada, We Do That. Our company is passionate about our business, our customers and our talent! We are cultivating a culture of excellence and aspire to be best-in-class in the industry. Michels Canada is committed to supporting Canada’s prosperous future by constructing safe, reliable infrastructure solutions to serve the public’s energy, water and wastewater, and transportation needs. We care about doing what is best for our people, our customers, the communities in which we work and our country. We strive to provide our employees with meaningful and challenging work, and an engaging and collaborative environment in a fast paced setting.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation
- A challenging and rewarding work environment
- An opportunity to be part of an exciting, growing business!
Your Opportunity with Michels Canada
Reporting directly to the Environmental Manager, the Environmental Lead is a field based position being responsible for assisting in the coordination and maintenance of Environmental safety compliance, education, and training programs. This position will conduct various HSE-Environmental activities under limited supervision.
We are looking for individuals to fill future vacancies for upcoming pipeline projects.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture for all employees, vendors, and customers and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions
- Perform environmental observations/audits with direction from the Environmental Lead/Manager
- Interact with customer’s environmental representative during project situations
- Manage the environmental impacts and regulatory requirements on projects or facilities
- Assist with the preparation of daily, weekly, and monthly Environmental progress reports as required
- When required, deliver environmental education, awareness training and presentations to groups of people varying in size
- Assist in the development of site specific environmental plans, including: Environmental Management Plan; Waste Management Plan; Fugitive Dust Control Plan; Spill Prevention Plan; Hazardous Materials Business Plan; SWPPP; SPCC and/or others
- Develop working relationship with customer, understand customer requirements, and assist during formal client meetings
- Track and evaluate Michels Sustainability Goals
- Assist and/or conduct HSE tool box talks, tailboards and HSE meetings
- Promote and exemplify all Michels HSE Programs and Core Values
- Continuously acquire and develop knowledge of Michels HSE program, policies and procedures in order to provide guidance to field personnel and operations
- Other duties as assigned
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Participation in an environmental training or certification program (Wetland, CESCL, FERC, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience in the Environmental and construction sector or similar experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience and working knowledge of Provincial and Federal Environmental regulations in relations to pipeline installation
- Ability to travel on short notice in response to any HSE needs
- Must possess a valid driver license for the type(s) of vehicles which may be driven and an acceptable driving record as determined by Michels Review Team
We offer competitive total compensation, meaningful and challenging work, and an engaging and collaborative environment. For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.michelscanada.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Michels Canada is committed to creating a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture, as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
Michels Canada is committed to supporting Canada’s prosperous future by constructing safe, reliable infrastructure solutions to serve the public’s energy, water and wastewater, and transportation needs. Michels Canada is headquartered in Nisku, Alberta, Canada, and serves many industries, including pipeline, HDD, tunneling, and Direct Pipe.
Our capabilities span from relining deteriorating sewer and water mains and utility maintenance holes in expanding metropolitan areas, to building tunnels for wastewater treatment plants under the most densely populated regions of Canada. We construct reliable pipelines and underground river crossings for the critical growing energy sector. Michels is well equipped to mobilize equipment and personnel to projects in highly urban and very remote locations across Canada. Michels delivery methods include bid-build, design-bid-build and public-private partnerships (P3). We are a preferred partner on large-scale joint ventures in multiple segments of our business.
We care about doing what is best for our people, our customers, the communities in which we work and our country.