Various Locations in Alberta
At Michels Canada, We Do That. Our company is passionate about our business, our customers and our talent! We are cultivating a culture of excellence and aspire to be best-in-class in the industry. Michels Canada is committed to supporting Canada’s prosperous future by constructing safe, reliable infrastructure solutions to serve the public’s energy, water and wastewater, and transportation needs. We care about doing what is best for our people, our customers, the communities in which we work and our country. We strive to provide our employees with meaningful and challenging work, and an engaging and collaborative environment in a fast paced setting.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation
- A challenging and rewarding work environment
- An opportunity to be part of an exciting, growing business!
Your Opportunity with Michels Canada
Reporting to the HSE Lead, the HSE Coordinator is responsible for maintaining and updating procedures and written plans, safety and environmental training, orientation training, and the completion of specific government reports. The HSE Coordinator will also implement corporate HSE policy and procedures. They will provide support to the facility regarding HSE matters to ensure compliance with HSE Policies/Procedures and applicable agency regulations.
We are looking for individuals to fill future vacancies for upcoming projects.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture for all employees, vendors, and customers and follow all safety policies, procedures, and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions
- Knowledgeable with the MICHELS Corporate HSE Program and the Site Specific Safety Plan and all applicable legislation
- Administer and update the Site Specific Safety Plan and Project Hazard Assessments as project conditions change
- Maintain positive and proactive relations with managers and employees, as well as our customers and regulatory agencies
- Advise and assist with the development of orientation, onboarding, training and competency programs and processes
- Onboard and mentor all new and existing employees with health, safety and environmental responsibilities and expectations
- Provide worker instruction/training as required (e.g., WHMIS, TDG, Confined Space, PPE), use and care of respiratory protection, etc
- Identify best practices and lead continuous improvement initiatives to reduce risks, raise safety awareness, and improve safe work practices
- Make available to workers the applicable health and safety acts, regulations, codes, ensure all applicable safe work procedures are available to workers and followed on site
- Conduct daily informal worksite safety inspections and weekly formal inspections and verify that corrective actions identified during inspections are implemented
- Prepare weekly safety meeting agendas for use by all crews and subcontractors on the project
- Stop work in the area of an identified health or safety problem until resolved
- Assume a leadership role in worker injury resolution, modified work programs, and WCB claims management and recommend solutions where necessary;
- Ensure that project first aid and emergency response resources are in place and meet regulatory requirements
- Investigate all incidents and ensure oral and written reports are completed and submitted as required
- Ensure that site personnel are informed of incidents and recommendations or measures to prevent their recurrence
- Maintain project safety statistics and HSE databases
- Ensure subcontractors are compliant with responsibilities outlined in the Michels Canada subcontractor management policy
- Facilitate project alcohol and drug testing program for employees and train/educate project leaders on Michels Alcohol and Drug Program
- Other duties as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- At least 5 years of HSE experience
- Must possess a valid driver license for the type(s) of vehicles which may be driven and an acceptable driving record
- Must be willing to work flexible hours and shifts
- Possess strong organizational skills
- Competent and comfortable with daily computer use. Proficiency in MS Office including MS Word, MS Excel, and PowerPoint
- Professional certifications required NCSO
- Degree or diploma in a related field i.e. HSE or OH&S is an asset
- Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written formats
We offer competitive total compensation, meaningful and challenging work, and an engaging and collaborative environment. For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.michelscanada.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Michels Canada is committed to creating a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture, as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
Michels Canada is committed to supporting Canada’s prosperous future by constructing safe, reliable infrastructure solutions to serve the public’s energy, water and wastewater, and transportation needs. Michels Canada is headquartered in Nisku, Alberta, Canada, and serves many industries, including pipeline, HDD, tunneling, Direct Pipe, electrical power and communications.
Our capabilities span from relining deteriorating sewer and water mains and utility maintenance holes in expanding metropolitan areas, to building tunnels for wastewater treatment plants under the most densely populated regions of Canada. We construct reliable pipelines and underground river crossings for the critical growing energy sector. Michels is well equipped to mobilize equipment and personnel to projects in highly urban and very remote locations across Canada. Michels delivery methods include bid-build, design-bid-build and public-private partnerships (P3). We are a preferred partner on large-scale joint ventures in multiple segments of our business.
We care about doing what is best for our people, our customers, the communities in which we work and our country.