Various Locations in Alberta
At Michels Canada, We Do That. Our company is passionate about our business, our customers and our talent! We are cultivating a culture of excellence and aspire to be best-in-class in the industry. Michels Canada is committed to supporting Canada’s prosperous future by constructing safe, reliable infrastructure solutions to serve the public’s energy, water and wastewater, and transportation needs. We care about doing what is best for our people, our customers, the communities in which we work and our country. We strive to provide our employees with meaningful and challenging work, and an engaging and collaborative environment in a fast paced setting.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation
- A challenging and rewarding work environment
- An opportunity to be part of an exciting, growing business!
Your Opportunity with Michels Canada
Reporting to the HSE Manager, the HSE Lead is responsible for promoting, communicating, and over-seeing safety compliance through the sharing of information and training of project personnel. The person will be flexible, adaptable to varying customer expectations and demonstrate ability to manage multiple tasks. The HSE Lead will be capable of executing various activities under limited supervision.
We are looking for individuals to fill future vacancies for upcoming pipeline projects.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Assist in the development of the Project Site Specific Safety Plan to ensure it meets or exceeds all applicable requirements
- Continually monitoring, trending, and analyzing safety performance: recommending and assisting in implementing mitigate measures for the work as required
- Participate in Work-related meetings that discuss safety performance and issues
- Assist in identifying and implementing health and safety mitigation measures to reduce the risk of an incident or as required following an incident
- Assist project staff or other HSE professionals in understanding regulatory and customer expectations
- Liaise with Occupational Health & Safety and owners/clients as needed to endure cooperation and the maintenance of safe work environment
- Conduct regular inspections and discuss corrective action requirements with supervisory staff. Developing an Action Plan for implementation for corrective measures for any deficiencies found from audits or inspections
- Conduct hazard analysis and develop safe work procedures and circulate rules and regulations governing the worksite
- Communicate predominantly with the client, middle management and supervision building relationships as a basis for influence, mentoring and providing technical advice
- Lead all incident investigations and prepare reporting, root cause analysis and follow-up of the recommendations. Informs management and supervisory personnel of the overall accident trends
- Support, gather and compile all incidents and statistical information required for our monthly statistical reporting and corporate reporting
- Lead, coach and mentor other HSE team members including HSE Coordinator(s) and HSE Administrator(s)
- Facilitate safety meetings and other meetings to communicate health and safety related information to the various levels of the project team
- Other duties as assigned
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- 3-5 years’ experience as a Safety Lead with dedicated full-time experience leading on site HS&E in the construction and Oil & Gas industry
- National Construction Safety Office (NCSO) or Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) certificate required
- Knowledge/experience with HS&E Management Systems and audit tools
- Experience with WCB claims management and A&D procedures
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work part as a team
- Must possess a valid driver license for the type(s) of vehicles which may be driven and an acceptable driving record
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft Computer Software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint)
We offer competitive total compensation, meaningful and challenging work, and an engaging and collaborative environment. For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.michelscanada.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Michels Canada is committed to creating a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture, as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
Michels Canada is committed to supporting Canada’s prosperous future by constructing safe, reliable infrastructure solutions to serve the public’s energy, water and wastewater, and transportation needs. Michels Canada is headquartered in Nisku, Alberta, Canada, and serves many industries, including pipeline, HDD, tunneling, Direct Pipe, electrical power and communications.
Our capabilities span from relining deteriorating sewer and water mains and utility maintenance holes in expanding metropolitan areas, to building tunnels for wastewater treatment plants under the most densely populated regions of Canada. We construct reliable pipelines and underground river crossings for the critical growing energy sector. Michels is well equipped to mobilize equipment and personnel to projects in highly urban and very remote locations across Canada. Michels delivery methods include bid-build, design-bid-build and public-private partnerships (P3). We are a preferred partner on large-scale joint ventures in multiple segments of our business.
We care about doing what is best for our people, our customers, the communities in which we work and our country.