Equipment Management Assistant
At Michels Canada, We Do That. Our company is passionate about our business, our customers and our talent! We are cultivating a culture of excellence and aspire to be best-in-class in the industry. Michels Canada is committed to supporting Canada’s prosperous future by constructing safe, reliable infrastructure solutions to serve the public’s energy, water and wastewater, and transportation needs. We care about doing what is best for our people, our customers, the communities in which we work and our country. We strive to provide our employees with meaningful and challenging work, and an engaging and collaborative environment in a fast paced setting.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation
- A challenging and rewarding work environment
- An opportunity to be part of an exciting, growing business!
Your Opportunity with Michels Canada
Reporting to the Purchasing and Equipment Manager, the Equipment Management Assistant will be responsible for the tracking and documentation of equipment asset management as well as providing day-to-day administrative support. The Ideal candidate must have strong attention to detail, particularly when documenting. They must showcase a high level of accuracy, confidentiality, and organizational skills. Critical for success are the abilities to provide excellent customer service and maintain open communication with internal and external customers.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture for all employees, vendors, and customers and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions
- Provide administrative support: schedule meetings, assist with correspondence, make copies, maintain standard department materials and manage distribution
- Assist with the documentation of pertinent equipment information, from purchase to disposal
- Maintain an effective filing and recordkeeping system
- Communicate and follow up with vendors as directed, ensuring timely receipt of documentation and invoices. Inform respective shop and division of order status and assist in preparation for arrival
- Create and track purchase orders
- Facilitate invoice billing: internal invoices and tracking/management of payment status
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED), and 1+ years of related experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Dealership experience
- Customer service experience
- Heavy equipment background or automotive experience
- Experience working in a registries office
We offer competitive total compensation, meaningful and challenging work, and an engaging and collaborative environment. For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.michelscanada.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Michels Canada is committed to creating a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture, as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
Michels Canada is committed to supporting Canada’s prosperous future by constructing safe, reliable infrastructure solutions to serve the public’s energy, water and wastewater, and transportation needs. Michels Canada is headquartered in Nisku, Alberta, Canada, and serves many industries, including pipeline, HDD, tunneling, Direct Pipe, electrical power and communications.
Our capabilities span from relining deteriorating sewer and water mains and utility maintenance holes in expanding metropolitan areas, to building tunnels for wastewater treatment plants under the most densely populated regions of Canada. We construct reliable pipelines and underground river crossings for the critical growing energy sector. Michels is well equipped to mobilize equipment and personnel to projects in highly urban and very remote locations across Canada.
Michels delivery methods include bid-build, design-bid-build and public-private partnerships (P3). We are a preferred partner on large-scale joint ventures in multiple segments of our business. We care about doing what is best for our people, our customers, the communities in which we work and our country.