North Vancouver, BC
At Michels Canada, We Do That. Our company is passionate about our business, our customers and our talent! We are cultivating a culture of excellence and aspire to be best-in-class in the industry. Michels Canada is committed to supporting Canada’s prosperous future by constructing safe, reliable infrastructure solutions to serve the public’s energy, water and wastewater, and transportation needs. We care about doing what is best for our people, our customers, the communities in which we work and our country. We strive to provide our employees with meaningful and challenging work, and an engaging and collaborative environment in a fast paced setting.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation
- A challenging and rewarding work environment
- An opportunity to be part of an exciting, growing business!
Your Opportunity with Michels Canada
Reporting to the Superintendent, the Electrical/Instrumentation Technician will support engineering capital projects, field services level projects which includes but is not limited to; Contractor supervision and direction, performing all project related pipeline systems lockout, pipeline and booster station drain downs, pipeline and booster station re-pressurization and commissioning of new electrical equipment installed on the pipeline with vendors. This position ensures that project deliverables are compliant with all applicable codes and standards, regulatory requirements, and all applicable procedures and safe work practices are followed.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture for all employees, vendors, and customers and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions
- Ensures all company policies are being adhered to by all contractors involved in the work
- Effectively communicates to all involved in the project work to ensure compliance and identifies issues that could impact safety, costs or schedules
- Provides supporting all engineering and field services electrical projects in the field
- Works with vendors to commission new electrical equipment installed in the pipeline system
- Assists the project team with creating complex lockout, system drain-down and pressure-up/start-up procedures and executes these procedures in the field
- Oversees and takes part in regular project maintenance
- Coordinates and initiates third party support for project related work
- Requires to become proficient with all critical procedures and work practices for all work
- Performs operations facility maintenance including inspection and repair of facilities
- Provides feedback to the project team, identifies opportunity for improvement on processes and procedures related to project execution, commissioning and system start-up
- Demonstrates visible safety leadership to inspection, identification, and response to daily operations safety issues
- Other duties as assigned
- Industrial Electrician or Construction and Maintenance Interprovincial Red Seal certification is required. Consideration will also be given to those who hold an Electrical CET designation
- 4-5 years related work experience in heavy industrial and process environments; preference will be given to those with experience in oil and gas environments such as pipeline and refinery
- Competent and comfortable working with high voltage switch-gear and equipment, preference will be given to those who have experience and are trained in high voltage maintenance and safe work practices including voltages 5kV, 25kV and 44kV
- Proficient working with Motor Control Centers
- Proficient working with PLC’s and has knowledge how they integrate into control systems
- Experience working with large motors, pumps, valves, actuators and industrial instrumentation
- Basic Knowledge of SCADA applications and industrial communication protocols
- Arc flash awareness training and knowledge of CSA Z462 considered an asset
- Project Management experience and training considered an asset, able to use experience and training at a field level to work with contractors and co-workers
- Understanding or knowledge of relevant CSA and provincial standards and codes
- Strong computer skills are required, must be proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Valid driver’s license in good standing
We offer competitive total compensation, meaningful and challenging work, and an engaging and collaborative environment. For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.michelscanada.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Michels Canada is committed to creating a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture, as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
Michels Canada is committed to supporting Canada’s prosperous future by constructing safe, reliable infrastructure solutions to serve the public’s energy, water and wastewater, and transportation needs. Michels Canada is headquartered in Nisku, Alberta, Canada, and serves many industries, including pipeline, HDD, tunneling, Direct Pipe, electrical power and communications.
Our capabilities span from relining deteriorating sewer and water mains and utility maintenance holes in expanding metropolitan areas, to building tunnels for wastewater treatment plants under the most densely populated regions of Canada. We construct reliable pipelines and underground river crossings for the critical growing energy sector. Michels is well equipped to mobilize equipment and personnel to projects in highly urban and very remote locations across Canada.
Michels delivery methods include bid-build, design-bid-build and public-private partnerships (P3). We are a preferred partner on large-scale joint ventures in multiple segments of our business. We care about doing what is best for our people, our customers, the communities in which we work and our country.