Improving America’s infrastructure isn’t for the weak. It takes grit, determination and hard work to execute high impact projects. Michels Corporation engages 8,000 people and 14,000 pieces of heavy equipment in our insatiable drive to be the best. Our work improves lives. Find out how a career as a Wet Utility Superintendent can change yours.
As a Wet Utility Superintendent, your key responsibilities will be to direct activities of workers concerned with water pipeline construction projects by performing the following duties. Critical for success are the ability to maintain a professional attitude and demonstrate teamwork.
- We are consistently ranked among the top 10% of Engineering News-Record’s Top 400 Contractors
- Our steady, strategic growth revolves around a commitment to quality
- We are family owned and operated
- We invest an average of $5,000 per employee on training each year
- We reward hard work and dedication with limitless opportunities
- We believe it is everyone’s responsibility to promote safety, regardless of job titles.
- You thrive in fast-paced environments under tight deadlines
- You relish new challenges and evolving technology
- You enjoy collaborating and communicating with your teammates
- You like to know your efforts are noticed and appreciated
- Maintain good relationships with local union representation and adhere to agreements
- You enjoy coordinating field issues and scheduling of progress
What it takes:
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- 7-10 years of civil construction experience; 5 years of water pipeline experience, or combination of both
- Competent with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with scheduling, estimating, and project control software
- Must possess valid driver license with an acceptable driving record
- 100 % Travel required