Building the nation’s oil and gas transmission and distribution networks isn’t easy, but it is rewarding. Michels is one of the largest and most accomplished energy contractors in North America, a reputation we earned by providing safe, reliable services to our customers. Whether we are building hundreds of miles of mainline or maintaining the integrity of an in-town distribution system, our work improves lives. Find out how a career at Michels can change yours.
As a Project Manager your key responsibilities will be to manage all phases of a project, of various sizes and types, from estimate to close-out ensuring profitable operations. Plan, direct, and coordinate activities of designated project to ensure that goals or objectives of project are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
- We are consistently ranked among the top 10% of Engineering News-Record’s Top 400 Contractors
- Our steady, strategic growth revolves around a commitment to quality
- We are family owned and operated
- We invest an average of $5,000 per employee on training each year
- We reward hard work and dedication with limitless opportunities
- We believe it is everyone’s responsibility to promote safety, regardless of job titles.
- You thrive in fast-paced environments under tight deadlines
- You relish new challenges and evolving technology
- You enjoy collaborating and communicating with your teammates
- You like to know your efforts are noticed and appreciated
- You enjoy proactively building and sustaining relationships with clients and general/sub-contractors, both while on the job and through networking outside of work. Ensure to proactively communicate with client at all times
- You have experience with contract management from initial conversations through final project close-out
- You are driven with a go getter attitude
What it takes:
- 5 years of mainline pipeline related experience
- Valid driver license with acceptable driving record
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or Construction Management
- Experience with Primavera, P6, B2W and Microsoft Project (Desired)
- Travel required, position requires extended travel. Extended meaning the travel is project based and may account for 100% of the time and/or limit the ability to return home during off time.