Title: Field Cost Analyst
Department: Contract and Project Controls
Location: North Vancouver, BC
At Michels Canada, We Do That. Our company is passionate about our business, our customers and our talent! We are cultivating a culture of excellence and aspire to be best-in-class in the industry. Michels Canada is committed to supporting Canada’s prosperous future by constructing safe, reliable infrastructure solutions to serve the public’s energy, water and wastewater, and transportation needs. We care about doing what is best for our people, our customers, the communities in which we work and our country. We strive to provide our employees with meaningful and challenging work, and an engaging and collaborative environment in a fast paced setting.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation
- Paid vacation
- Health and dental benefits
- A challenging and rewarding work environment
- An opportunity to be part of an exciting, growing business!
Your Opportunity with Michels Canada
Reporting to the Project Manager, the Field Cost Analyst is a key member of the Michels Canada field project support team. The Field Cost Analyst is required to support the ongoing operational, production and administrative functions of the project. The Field Cost Analyst will, based on direction from the Project Manager, liaise with the Project Cost Analyst and Management to administer project requirements per the Prime Contract, with the objective of stewarding consistency and identifying and mitigating risks.
- Time management
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving
Your Key Responsibilities
- Implement procedures and systems to achieve effective control of all projects within Michels Canada and support the implementation of project control procedures and systems
- Participating in preparation of field project cost reports assuming responsibility for their overall accuracy, completeness and timeliness; coordinating the cost analysis activities with established timelines
- Establishing liaisons with internal project team members on specific areas relating to cost and schedule development and control
- Onsite presence working with the field based construction team
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Must possess a valid driver’s license for the type(s) of vehicles which may be driven and an acceptable driving record as determined by the DOT Operations Director and Michels Legal Department
- Minimim 5 years related experience is required (preference to those with project controls and contract administrator backgrounds)
- Possess strong computer skills: Proficiency in MS Office including MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Project or Primavera (P6)
We offer competitive total compensation, meaningful and challenging work, and an engaging and collaborative environment.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.michelscanada.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Michels Canada is committed to creating a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture, as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
Michels Canada is committed to supporting Canada’s prosperous future by constructing safe, reliable infrastructure solutions to serve the public’s energy, water and wastewater, and transportation needs. Michels Canada is headquartered in Nisku, Alberta, Canada, and serves many industries, including pipeline, HDD, tunneling, Direct Pipe, electrical power and communications.
Our capabilities span from relining deteriorating sewer and water mains and utility maintenance holes in expanding metropolitan areas, to building tunnels for wastewater treatment plants under the most densely populated regions of Canada. We construct reliable pipelines and underground river crossings for the critical growing energy sector. Michels is well equipped to mobilize equipment and personnel to projects in highly urban and very remote locations across Canada.
Michels delivery methods include bid-build, design-bid-build and public-private partnerships (P3). We are a preferred partner on large-scale joint ventures in multiple segments of our business.
We care about doing what is best for our people, our customers, the communities in which we work and our country.