Improving America’s infrastructure isn’t for the weak. It takes grit, determination, and hard work to execute high impact projects. Michels Corporation engages 8,000 people and 14,000 pieces of heavy equipment in our insatiable drive to be the best. Our work improves lives. Find out how a career as a Shop Mechanic can change yours.
As a Shop Mechanic, your key responsibility will be to perform basic tasks in repairing and maintaining vehicles and construction equipment. You will perform preventative maintenance and maintain functional condition of vehicles and equipment by repairing engine failures, replacing parts, repairing body damage, etc.
- We are consistently ranked among the top 10% of Engineering News-Record’s Top 400 Contractors
- Our steady, strategic growth revolves around a commitment to quality
- We are family owned and operated
- We invest an average of $5,000 per employee on training each year
- We reward hard work and dedication with limitless opportunities
- We believe it is everyone’s responsibility to promote safety, regardless of job titles.
- You thrive in fast-paced environments under tight deadlines
- You relish new challenges and evolving technology
- You enjoy collaborating and communicating with your teammates
- You like to know your efforts are noticed and appreciated
- You have a strong attention to detail
- You enjoy working independently
What it takes:
- 7-10 years of experience working on pickup trucks (Ford preferred), heavy trucks, construction or utility related equipment, and trailers
- Experience with DOT inspections
- Hydraulics, drive train, controls and electrical diagnostics experience (preferred)
- Welding experience (desired)
- Basic computer proficiency
- A valid driver license for the type(s) of vehicles you may be driving and an acceptable driving record
- A valid Commercial Driver License and Federal Medical Card
- Ability to move/operate heavy equipment (desired)
- Ability to provide own basic hand tools