JOB TITLE: Contract & Proposal Coordinator
LOCATION: Nisku, Alberta
The Contract & Proposal Coordinator is a key member of the MICHELS Canada Operations team. The Contract & Proposal Coordinator has an integral support role in the response and proposal process for pipeline, HDD/DPI, Infrastructure and professional services. The Contract & Proposal Coordinator follows a disciplined & detail oriented approach, ensuring high quality deliverables. The Contract & Proposal Coordinator, in collaboration with the Contract & Proposal Team and the Project Management Team provides support for the subcontract formation and administration process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adhere to department and company policies and procedures.
- Monitor potential bid opportunities through bid sites. Download bid documents for review by responsible manager.
- Set up project files. File all relevant documents in accordance with established procedures. Maintain files from implementation through completion of RFP/subcontract process.
- Input and track assigned RFPs, SOIs, EOI, Prequals, etc. in master tracking log and Bid Tracker.
- Maintain standard bid document files and logs in accordance with established procedures. Ensure that the most recent, relevant and accurate information is readily available.
- Coordinate and participate in the development and preparation of proposals, expressions of interest, pre-qualifications, clarifications and other proposal documentation for various Owner opportunities.
- Review all requirements of the RFP. Develop the responsibilities and deliverables list under guidance of the Contract & Proposal Manager. Distribute within one to two business days (depending upon proposal lead time) of receipt of request for proposal, clearly indicating all requirements and deadlines.
- Maintain up-to-date files of resumes, project profiles and other bid documents following Michels branding standards.
- Coordinate the proposal process. Engage the appropriate resources and input to develop proposal content with guidance from the Contract & Proposal Manager and leveraging content from previous proposals. In collaboration with the proposal team and with guidance from the Contract & Proposal Manager, ensure each RFP requirement is responded to appropriately. Coordinate proposal resources and timelines, ensuring deadlines are met.
- Proof read and review proposal responses for quality, clarity and proper business writing. With guidance from the Contract & Proposal Manager and In collaboration with the proposal team, ensure each RFP requirement is responded to appropriately, formatting is consistent and that an overall high standard of quality is achieved. Ensure proposal submission documents meet RFP requirements.
- With guidance from the Contract & Proposal Manager, build labour rates in accordance with union agreements and company standards.
- Review commercial exceptions. Identify alternate wording or strategies for Michels benefit under the guidance of the Contract & Proposal Manager.
- Schedule and participate in bid review meetings.
- Maintain Subcontractor qualification log. Ensure required subcontractors have been qualified within at least one (1) year. Issue, collect and distribute qualification information to internal reviewers.
- Assist in the facilitation of the RFP process for subcontract designated services, including bid lists, RFP preparation, filing, logging of addenda and clarifications.
- Assist in the formation of subcontracts in collaboration with Project Managers and with guidance from the Contract & Proposal Manager and Michels’ legal department. Ensure flow down of Prime Contract Terms.
- Perform subcontract documentation administrative duties including subcontractor logs, processing of completion certificates, change orders and subcontract close out.
- Support business development initiatives as required (events, presentation and marketing materials)
- Undertake assigned projects relating to the proposal preparation and contract functions.
- Knowledge and understanding of the subcontract formation process.
- Understanding of the Proposal/RFP process (implementation through closeout).
- Understanding of commercial terms, pricing structures and contract general conditions.
- Intermediate level computer skills: Proficiency in MS Office including MS Word, MS Excel and MS Visio.
- Understanding of Michels Subcontract and flow-down of prime contract terms.
- Understanding of key owner RFP/contracts.
- Understanding of Union Agreements.
- Business writing skill (Junior to intermediate level).
- Supply Chain post secondary education and/or completion of related courses or programs.
- 1-2 years of experience coordinating Contracts and Proposals in a project based environment.