JOB TITLE: Senior Legal Counsel
The Senior Legal Counsel will be responsible for providing expert legal advice, practical business solutions and comprehensive legal support to Michels Corporation and its affiliates in connection with enterprise-level transactions and contracts. This position will provide substantive legal advice and support with respect to agreements, transactions and commercial relationships affecting the company. Such support includes performing the below activities, often with divisional peers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Advise internal Departments and Divisions as assigned in the Legal Department workflow document prepared by the Chief Legal Officer on legal issues and risks, complex agreement structures, approval processes, and company policies.
- Review and provide legal advice on internal business and compliance initiatives, existing products, and regulatory questions and concerns; research and interpret various regulatory requirements and inform and update appropriate parties in other departments.
- Anticipate and reduce potential legal issues within departments supported, and develop strategies to reduce/avoid potential areas of risk.
- Analyze and summarize complex legal documents including contracts; making suggestions and negotiating those documents as appropriate.
- Develop CLE plan with oversight and input from the Chief Legal Officer. The plan should include participation in an offsite program annually.
- Keep abreast of legislative changes that may affect the company and its affiliates.
- Provides training to company and its affiliates on substantive legal topics.
- Build professional relationships.
- Other duties as assigned.
- JD from accredited law school, hold current license to practice law before the Bar of at least one US state, and 8 years minimum of experience
- Must have initiative, be able to act decisively, work independently and exercise good judgment
- Excellent persuasion and presentation skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Acute attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and project a professional image at all times
- Ethics and Values
- Problem Solving
- Timely Decision Making
- Peer Relationships
- Action Oriented
- Drive for Results
Some local travel may be required.