Michels Corporation has been unlocking the potential of utility and transportation construction for six decades. Our operational crews depend on support from our in-house experts to advance critical infrastructure projects. Our work improves lives. Find out how a career at Michels can change yours.
As a Health, Safety, and Environmental Coordinator, your key responsibilities will be to assist in facilitating and maintaining Department of Transportation (DOT) regulation compliance in office yards and project sites, as well as manage situations arising during mobilization efforts.
- We are consistently ranked among the top 10% of Engineering News-Record’s Top 400 Contractors
- Our steady, strategic growth revolves around a commitment to quality
- We are family owned and operated
- We invest an average of $5,000 per employee on training each year
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental and vision, competitive paid time off plans and much more!
- We reward hard work and dedication with limitless opportunities
- We believe it is everyone’s responsibility to promote safety, regardless of job titles.
- You thrive in fast-paced environments under tight deadlines
- You relish new challenges and evolving technology
- You enjoy collaborating and communicating with your teammates
- You like to know your efforts are noticed and appreciated
- You enjoy working independently
- You possess strong written and verbal communication skills
What it takes:
- Previous experience with DOT compliance (desired)
- Previous safety education and/or training
- Secondary education degree (desired)
- 5-10 years of field experience (desired)
- A valid driver license for the type(s) of vehicles you may be driving and an acceptable driving record
- OSHA 10hr or 30hr Certification (desired)
- Ability to work a flexible and varied work schedule, including nights and weekends