Improving America’s infrastructure isn’t for the weak. It takes grit, determination and hard work to execute high impact projects. Michels Corporation engages 8,000 people and 14,000 pieces of heavy equipment in our insatiable drive to be the best. Our work improves lives. Find out how a career as a Proposal Coordinator / Writer can change yours.
As a Proposal Coordinator / Writer, your key responsibilities will be to develop qualifications and proposal materials in coordination with Project Managers, Contract Administrators, Estimators, Schedulers and other internal and external business partners. The Proposal Coordinator / Writer must be able to handle multiple projects at one time, while managing tight deadlines.
- We are consistently ranked among the top 10% of Engineering News-Record’s Top 400 Contractors
- Our steady, strategic growth revolves around a commitment to quality
- We are family owned and operated
- We invest an average of $5,000 per employee on training each year
- We reward hard work and dedication with limitless opportunities
- We believe it is everyone’s responsibility to promote safety, regardless of job titles.
- You enjoy collaborating with technical staff and reviewing/editing writing for RFQ's and RFP's related to large heavy civil construction project, including water, roadway, railway, aviation and more
- You organize and schedule internal team meetings to meet deadlines
- You verify proposals and other materials are compliant and well written
- You take pride in producing high-quality documents
- You adapt to changing requirements and priorities
What it takes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Business or Engineering , 5+ years of related experience in proposal development, or equivalent combination
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office Suite
- Must possess a valid driver license with an acceptable driving record
- Qualified candidates must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Graphic Design experience a plus
- Some travel may be required