Job Title: Project Engineer
Location: Coquitlam, BC
Position objective: The Project Engineer II will manage the contract administration of a phase of a larger project or manage multiple smaller projects, ensuring profitable operations. Plan, direct, and coordinate activities of designated project to ensure that goals or objectives of project are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate engineers. Critical for success is the ability to simultaneously manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment. Must be detail oriented and flexible and possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture for all employees, vendors, and customers and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions
- Designs, procurement, scheduling, production, transporting, installation, and testing and commissioning of complex equipment.
- Guides project relative to budget and progress relative to project schedule and company/project policies
- May provide mentoring and coaching to other technical employees
- Provides interpretation of plans, detail sheets, and specifications for contractors of craft positions
- Controls expenditures on projects- prepares and updates engineering control documents
- Monitors design changes and contract extras
- Reviews, analyzes and resolves field construction problems/ discrepancies
- Provides interpretation of plans, details sheets and specifications for contractors or craft supervision
- Ability to redline IFC drawings either using Adobe Pro or Bluebeam is required
- Ability to make sketches in CAD or Microstation is considered an asset
- Practical experience and/or technical knowledge of shoring systems, how they work, how they are installed and removed is considered an asset.
- Other duties as requested