JOB TITLE: Field Safety Administrator
REPORTS TO: HSE Field Lead
LOCATION: Cochrane/Calgary Area - Preference will be given to local applicants.
Under the supervision of the Field HSE Lead, the ideal candidate for a Field Safety Administrator will have a strong administrative background with some Occupational l Health and Safety knowledge and experience. The primary responsibilities will be administrative support of the HSE management and team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Set up files, cross check for completion and collect missing documentation.
- Maintain and safeguard confidential and sensitive information.
- Input, update and confirm all health and safety data entry.
- Manage/Track Safety Statistic reporting and provide regular HSE performance reporting.
- Review all submitted documentation and ensure consistency while providing opportunities for improvement.
- Facilitate the safety orientation and support with on-boarding process for new workers to the project.
- Maintain project training matrix and ensure employees and supervision have required training and monitor needs for upcoming training.
- Provide employees with instruction/training as required, e.g. fit testing of respiratory protection, etc.; This includes new hire and site contractor safety orientation training to ensuring employees are suitably trained and orientated to the project specifications.
- All other safety related tasks as assigned.
- Certificate or pursuit of HSE Administrator is strongly preferred
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations
- Possess strong computer skills: Proficiency in MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written formats
- Class 5 license and clean drivers abstract