You won’t spend hours in front of a computer or use an app on your phone to build robust high-speed communications networks. As one of America’s largest underground and aerial network contractors, Michels works in urban and rural areas while building and upgrading networks to meet the insatiable demand for reliable service. Our work improves lives. Find out how a career at Michels can change yours.
As an Underground Power and Communications Foreman, your key responsibilities will be to manage a crew, direct activities of workers concerned with underground power construction projects.
- We are consistently ranked among the top 10% of Engineering News-Record’s Top 400 Contractors
- Our steady, strategic growth revolves around a commitment to quality
- We are family owned and operated
- We invest an average of $5,000 per employee on training each year
- We reward hard work and dedication with limitless opportunities
- We believe it is everyone’s responsibility to promote safety, regardless of job titles.
- You thrive in fast-paced environments under tight deadlines
- You relish new challenges and evolving technology
- You enjoy collaborating and communicating with your teammates
- You like to know your efforts are noticed and appreciated
- You continuously promote a strong safety culture, always encouraging others to be safe
- You enjoy working within a team
What it takes:
- 3-5 years of underground power and communications experience
- Navigate, run and operate various pieces of heavy equipment
- Demonstrates reliability, knowledge and accountability
- A valid driver license for the type(s) of vehicles you may be driving and an acceptable driving record
- Commercial Driver’s License (desired)