Improving America’s infrastructure isn’t for the weak. It takes grit, determination and hard work to execute high impact projects. Michels Corporation engages 6,000 people and 12,000 pieces of heavy equipment in our insatiable drive to be the best. Our work improves lives. Find out how a career as an Alternative Delivery Manager can change yours.
As an Alternative Delivery Manager, responsibilities include providing direction and management for all phases of alternative delivery projects. This position is accountable for the contractual components of a project’s success, to meet or exceed the clients’ expectations, to the timely and profitable completion of the job, with a special emphasis on safety performance. It is essential to be goal oriented, organized and professional. Critical for success are excellent verbal and written communication skills, the ability to manage and work well in teams, and quickly make decisions.
- We are consistently ranked among the top 10% of Engineering News-Record’s Top 400 Contractors
- Our steady, strategic growth revolves around a commitment to quality
- We are family owned and operated
- We invest an average of $5,000 per employee on training each year
- We reward hard work and dedication with limitless opportunities
- We believe it is everyone’s responsibility to promote safety, regardless of job titles.
- You thrive in fast-paced environments under tight deadlines
- You relish new challenges and evolving technology
- You enjoy collaborating and communicating with your teammates
- You like to know your efforts are noticed and appreciated
- You enjoy the challenge of coordinating with a tight deadline
- You have a drive to get results
What it takes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or Civil Engineering, 10+ years of project management, construction management experience, or an equivalent combination
- Experience on design build projects, including experience in key project leadership roles
- Considerable experience in client management
- Understanding and experience with win strategies, cost estimating, project, project scheduling and technical writing
- Experience with Scheduling, Estimating and Project Controls Software (Primavera, HCSS, B2W, and Microsoft Project)
- Construction experience in Infrastructure work, including, but not limited to, transportation, transit or rail (Desired)
- A valid driver license for the type(s) of vehicles you may be driving and an acceptable driving record
- Travel required