Improving America’s infrastructure isn’t for the weak. It takes grit, determination and hard work to execute high impact projects. Michels Corporation engages 6,000 people and 12,000 pieces of heavy equipment in our insatiable drive to be the best. Our work improves lives. Find out how a career as a Senior Estimator can change yours.
As a Senior Estimator, your key responsibilities will be to review bid requirements and follow through with estimating a variety of heavy civil construction projects ranging in value from $50M to $500M, prepare takeoffs and work with Procurement department to secure vendor pricing, and to properly turn over bid documents and sub buyout information to Project Management team in a timely manner.
- We are consistently ranked among the top 10% of Engineering News-Record’s Top 400 Contractors
- Our steady, strategic growth revolves around a commitment to quality
- We are family owned and operated
- We invest an average of $5,000 per employee on training each year
- We reward hard work and dedication with limitless opportunities
- We believe it is everyone’s responsibility to promote safety, regardless of job titles.
- You thrive in fast-paced environments under tight deadlines
- You relish new challenges and evolving technology
- You enjoy collaborating and communicating with your teammates
- You like to know your efforts are noticed and appreciated
- You pride yourself on your time management and organizational skills
- You look forward to high-level responsibility opportunities
What it takes:
- A minimum of 10 Years of civil construction estimating and/or construction project management experience including structural concrete construction, bridge construction, or other related experience with a proven track record of profitability
- Experience with alternative delivery projects (preferred)
- A working knowledge of crew composition and production rates for multiple aspects of civil construction
- Proficiency with estimating and job cost tracking software such as HCSS programs Heavy Bid and Heavy Job (preferred)
- A valid driver license for the type(s) of vehicles you may be driving and an acceptable driving record