JOB TITLE: Top Lander
REPORTS TO: Project Site Management
POSITION OBJECTIVE: The Top Lander is responsible for organizing and coordinating the supply lines and equipment requested by the tunnel crews.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture for all employees, vendors, and customers and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- Organize equipment and materials for daily operations.
- Coordinate the organization and appearance of equipment lines.
- Ensures that the area is clean and safe. Makes sure that product is organized and identifiable.
- Work closely with Operators to safely rig and signal all loads into the tunnel work area.
- Assist with loading equipment and/or materials as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 0-2 years prior related experience, or equivalent combination
- Mechanical aptitude
- Crane Signal Certification
- Confined Space Training
- Must possess a valid driver license for the type(s) of vehicles which may be driven and an acceptable driving record as determined by the DOT Operations Director and Michels Legal Department
- Experience operating heavy construction equipment
- Action Oriented
- Customer Focus
- Ethics and Value
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk on uneven and slippery surfaces; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand, walk, crawl, or climb for long work hours in all kinds of weather conditions. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
- The employee must regularly lift, carry, push, pull and/or move up to 50 pounds independently, and occasionally lift, carry, push, pull and/or more than 100 pounds with the assistance of additional personnel or equipment.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to: moving mechanical parts, working adjacent to Traffic, all outside weather conditions (extreme heat and cold, precipitation, etc), risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The employee is frequently exposed to slippery surfaces and uneven terrain, fumes or airborne particles and hazardous or caustic chemicals.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to explosives.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Travel, which may include extended duration, is required. Extended meaning the travel may account for up to 100% of the time and/or limit the ability to return home during off time.