|Location:||Vancouver, British Columbia|
|Employment duration:||Full time|
|Employee Referral Bonus:|
JOB TITLE: Bottom Lander
REPORTS TO: Project Site Management
LOCATION: Vanouver, British Columbia
The Bottom Lander is responsible for receiving the supply lines and equipment requested by the tunnel crews from the Top Lander.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
An employee in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. The below list reflects the general details necessary to describe the primary and essential functions of the position and shall not be construed as the only duties that may be assigned for the position.
1. Maintain and promote a strong safety culture for all employees, vendors, and customers and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
2. Work closely with the Top Lander to safely receive all equipment sent down the tunnel, and send all equipment up and out of the tunnel.
3. Distribute equipment and tools sent down the tunnel to crews.
4. Ensure that the area is clean and safe.
5. Keep all personnel clear of shafts, perimeters, and incoming loads.
6. Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 0-2 years prior related experience, or equivalent combination
- Mechanical aptitude
- Crane Signal Certification
- Confined Space Training
- Must possess a valid driver license for the type(s) of vehicles which may be driven and an acceptable driving record as determined by the DOT Operations Director and Michels Legal Department
- Experience operating heavy construction equipment
|Back to Search Results