JOB TITLE: Project Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Corporate Support
REPORTS TO: Manager/Project Manager
LOCATION: North Vancouver. * Local candidates will be given first consideration
DURATION: Temporary 2 Year Project
This position is responsible for supporting estimating and project management team with related administrative functions while managing daily operations of the office. The abilities to multitask, prioritize and maintain stringent organization are critical to success.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Maintain and promote a strong safety culture for all employees, vendors, and customers and follow all safety policies, procedures, and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions
2. Anticipate needs of office to purchase supplies to ensure no disruption of daily activities
3. Constant tracking of tickets and estimation of cost to ensure the accuracy of vendor invoices
4. Provide support to field employees for assigning Purchase Orders for activities out of Purchasing Agents scope
5. Consistent review of purchase orders to ensure correct costs are entered and extras costs are eliminated when not needed
6. Perform transactional data entry while creating purchase orders with a high degree of accuracy. Scan, organize and file purchase order documents
7. Review invoices for approval; ensure correct coding and complete necessary follow up work, route to Accounts Payable via computer system for payment
8. Work with corporate and divisional support on a variety of related clerical tasks
9. Other duties as assigned
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
· Valid driver’s license, required to operate a vehicle on a public roadway.
· Ability to balance multiple projects, often with tight or competing deadlines, in a timely and efficient manner
· Interpersonal Savvy
· Problem Solving
· Attention To Detail
· Action Oriented
· Customer Focus
· Timely Decision Making
· Ethics and Values
· Drive for Results
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to work at a desk, be able to handle phones and type.
· The employee must regularly lift or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally 25+ pounds with assistance.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee will work primarily in a climate controlled environment with minimal safety/health hazard potential however the office is located on an active construction site and the employee must be aware of hazards when entering and exiting the site.
· One must work at a steady to fast pace, with frequent interruptions.
· The noise level is usually quiet.
· Local travel required.
This document describes general information about the position, however, should not be considered as comprehensive. Michels Corporation reserves the right to modify job duties or descriptions at any time. This document is not an employment contract.