If you like variety and challenge, and take satisfaction from knowing your work supports modern construction, consider joining our foundations group. Michels designs and builds foundations for commercial developments, energy facilities and transportation projects. The end product might not be visible, but it will be essential. Our work improves lives. Find out how a career at Michels can change yours.
As a Project Manager/Estimator, your key responsibility will be accountable for reviewing bid requirements and following through with estimating a variety of concrete caisson construction projects of which is valued greater than $100K and are up to $10M.
- We are consistently ranked among the top 10% of Engineering News-Record’s Top 400 Contractors
- Our steady, strategic growth revolves around a commitment to quality
- We are family owned and operated
- We invest an average of $5,000 per employee on training each year
- We reward hard work and dedication with limitless opportunities
- We believe it is everyone’s responsibility to promote safety, regardless of job titles.
- You thrive in fast-paced environments under tight deadlines
- You relish new challenges and evolving technology
- You enjoy collaborating and communicating with your teammates
- You like to know your efforts are noticed and appreciated
- You have a strong attention to detail
- You possess strong written and verbal communication skills
What it takes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, or related field (equivalent years of related experience also acceptable)
- 5-7 years of related experience
- Scheduling, estimating, and project controls software experience
- Experience with project management software (HCSS, B2W, Microsoft Project, etc.) (desired)
- Professional Engineer (PE) and Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification (desired)
- A valid driver license for the type(s) of vehicles you may be driving and an acceptable driving record
- Travel (must have the ability to commit to long term onsite projects)