Improving America’s infrastructure isn’t for the weak. It takes grit, determination and hard work to execute high impact projects. Michels Corporation engages 8,000 people and 14,000 pieces of heavy equipment in our insatiable drive to be the best. Our work improves lives. Find out how a career as a Heavy Equipment Mechanic can change yours.
As a Heavy Equipment Mechanic, your key responsibility will be to perform skilled tasks in the mechanical repair and maintenance of heavy construction equipment.
- We are consistently ranked among the top 10% of Engineering News-Record’s Top 400 Contractors
- Our steady, strategic growth revolves around a commitment to quality
- We are family owned and operated
- We invest an average of $5,000 per employee on training each year
- We reward hard work and dedication with limitless opportunities
- We believe it is everyone’s responsibility to promote safety, regardless of job titles.
- You thrive in fast-paced environments under tight deadlines
- You relish new challenges and evolving technology
- You enjoy collaborating and communicating with your teammates
- You like to know your efforts are noticed and appreciated
- You have a strong attention to detail
What it takes:
- 0-3 years of experience performing related mechanical repairs
- 1 year of heavy equipment mechanic experience (desired)
- Forklift experience (desired)
- Formal diesel mechanic training program (desired)
- Basic computer proficiency (desired)
- Ability to provide own hand tools
- Ability to move/operate heavy equipment (desired)