The Senior Project Manager will manage a phase of a large complex project or manage multiple large sized projects that are approximately $10M or greater. This position is accountable for all aspects of a projects success from the initial proposal/bidding process, to meet or exceed the clients’ expectations, to the profitable completion of the jobs, with a special emphasis on safety performance. It is essential to be reliable, self-motivated, goal oriented, organized and professional. Critical for success are excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the abilities to work well in teams and quickly make decisions.
The essential duties and responsibilities of the position include, but not limited to:
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture for all employees, vendors, and customers and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- Directly supervise Associate Project Managers and Project Managers; carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; providing feedback; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Work under minimal supervision and provide guidance to assigned project staff, review project proposal or plan to fully understand the scope of the work and contract to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of the project.
- Proactively build and sustain relationships with clients and general/sub-contractors, both while on the job and through networking outside of work. Ensure we are proactively communicating with the client at all times.
- Confer with project staff to outline work plan and to assign duties and responsibilities. Hold productive meetings and present information to both small and large groups.
- Responsible for contract management: initial conversations through final project close-out. Additionally once awarded/executed, serve as the point of contact for customers (internal and external) on contractual matters, ensuring timely review and reconciliation/approval of variations.
- In coordination with field leadership, coordinates activities of the project to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Review status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules or plans as required.
- Prepare and/or review project reports for management, client, or others.
- Confer with project personnel to resolve problems and escalate as appropriate.
- Coordinate project activities to comply with government regulations or other agencies.
- Responsible for the coordination of the RFP process; create and develop the bid proposal.
- Complete estimating work as necessary. Review bid requirements thoroughly and ask follow-up questions as necessary ensuring all necessary information is captured during bid day.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications include a Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or Civil Engineering, 7+ years of related experience, or equivalent combination. Applicants must have proficiency with scheduling, estimating and project controls software. Applicants must be able to handle multiple projects at one time, possess the ability to successfully negotiate terms and conditions, and manage tight deadlines.