Location: Coquitlam, BC
DATE REVISED: REPORTS TO
The Field Contracts Analyst is a key member of the Michels Canada field project support team. The Field Contracts Analyst is required to support the ongoing operational, production and administrative functions of the project. The Field Contracts Analyst will, based on direction from the Project Manager, liaison with the PM and Owner to administer project requirements per the Prime Contract, with the objective of stewarding consistency and identifying and mitigating risks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture for all employees, vendors, and customers and follow all safety policies, procedures, and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions
- Review the Prime Contract and all project documentation to identify areas of risk and cost concerns and communicate to the project team
- Understand the Prime Contract invoicing requirements. Aid the project team in gathering and tracking required backup. Analyze and track project billings. Prepare billing summaries for project use
- Understand Prime Contract notice requirements. Aid the project team informing and submitting notices, correspondence, change order requests and all required backup to Owner, per the terms of the Prime Contract
- Work with project and home office team to ensure all project deliverable requirements are met
- Aid the project manager in performing general subcontract administration and coordination of subcontractor documentation, invoicing and reporting requirements
- Maintain professionalism and remain current with new developments through contacts with educational institutions, professional organizations, publications and in-house training
- Adhere to all corporate policies and ethics codes, i.e., Corporate Code of Conduct
- Undertake specifically assigned projects relating to contract administration functions and provide summaries, reports, business cases and recommendations on projects along with other activities as required
- Assist the project teams in their review of contractual documentation and provide recommendations on contract terms and conditions
- Attend project meetings. Take meeting minutes for distribution to the project team
- Engage with the project team in administration of subcontracts and other project related contracts including adherence to the Prime Contract and recognized construction standards
- Provide guidance and support to project management in regard to Contractual requirements.
- Advise and assist project management on the preparation of correspondence and various other legal instruments and documents
- Ensure project compliance with internal corporate requirements related to contract administration
- Assessing risks and initiating action to mitigate risks of all phases of subcontract performance and close-out
- Assessing risks and initiating action to mitigate risks related to the performance and close out of the Prime Contract
- Other duties as assigned
- Must possess a valid driver’s license for the type(s) of vehicles which may be driven and an acceptable driving record as determined by the DOT Operations Director and Michels Legal Department
- Minimum 5 years related experience is required (preference to those with contracts administrator backgrounds)
- Possess strong computer skills: Proficiency in MS Office including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Visio and MS Project
- Contract experience in a manufacturing, oil & gas or construction environment is preferred.
- Time management
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Customer service
- Action Oriented
- Strong organizational and planning capability
- Accurate in workmanship
- Drive for results
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, stand and walk.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
- Position may require extended travel. Extended meaning the travel may account for up to 100% of your workweek.