JOB TITLE: Senior Project Manager
The Senior Project Manager will manage a phase of a large complex project or manage multiple large sized projects that are approximately $10M or greater. This position is accountable for all aspects of the success of a project from the initial proposal/bidding process, to meet or exceed the clients’ expectations, to the profitable completion of the jobs, with a special emphasis on safety performance. It is essential to be reliable, self-motivated, goal oriented, organized and professional. Critical for success are excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the abilities to work well in teams and quickly make decisions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture for all employees, vendors, and customers and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- Promote quality – assist with the implementation of all applicable Best Practice and Quality Control Programs (QCP), policies, and procedures, including submittal of all QCP procedures, checklists, and client required submittals.
- Confer with project personnel to outline work plan and to assign duties and responsibilities.
- Develop and monitor project schedules, manage scope, and control project costs.
- Proactively build and sustain relationships with clients and general/sub-contractors, both while on the job and through networking outside of work. Manage all aspects of project communication and ensure we are proactively communicating planning, master scope management, budget finances, subcontracting, environmental compliance, schedule completion, etc. with the client at all times.
- Develop and implement project policies and procedures, establish project controls system, and project execution plan.
- Manage project to ensure profitable and timely operations, exceeding budget and quality expectations.
- Responsible for contract management: initial conversations through final project close-out. Additionally, once awarded/executed, ensuring timely review and reconciliation/approval of variances.
- Review status reports prepared by project personnel and modify schedules or plans as required.
- Prepare and/or review project reports for management, client, or others, including but not limited to monthly project projection reports.
- Report regularly on issues requiring office support such as procurement issues, safety, or environmental concerns , design questions, etc.
- Confer with project personnel to resolve problems and escalate as appropriate.
- Coordinate project activities with activities of government regulatory or other governmental agencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degree in related field or relevant diploma/ certificate, 10 years of Tunneling experience with a minimum of 10 years of civil infrastructure experience with a discipline in underground construction including pipeline, structures, shoring, geotechnical, surveying, and structural design.
- Experience with Project Management software (Primavera, HCSS, and Microsoft Project)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license for the type(s) of vehicles which may be driven and an acceptable driving record as determined by DOT Operations Director and Michels Legal Department.
- Project Management experience in significant infrastructure projects in excess of 10 million with the ability to manage multiple projects
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certificate, Professional Engineer (PE)
- Experience in Hand tunneling, Guided Boring Machine, Auger Guided Boring Machine, Micro tunneling, Pipe Ramming, Large Diameter Tunnel Boring Machine tunneling techniques
Michels Canada Co.
Office Address : 4300 North Fraser Way, Burnaby, BC V5J 5J8
Fulltime, temporary project position for six months
Location of project: Victoria, BC
Language requirement: English
Salary $115,000 per year with extended health care benefits, dental, RSP’s