The Site Quality Control Manager is responsible for development and implementation of the Construction Quality Management Plan (QMP), Commissioning QMP and Design QMP. Working as a representative of Michels and a key member of a Design-Build Joint Venture (DBJV) team on a project recently awarded to Michels Canada and its partner. This individual will maintain the QMS and monitor and assess the performance and the need for changes and/or improvements during the various stages of the project. The individual shall act as the management representative for quality on site, to promote the awareness of the owner’s requirements and the project’s objectives as well as serve as the primary representative for the project team on all matters relating to quality. The Quality Manager shall develop and execute a project audit program that covers both annual internal quality system audits of key processes with relevant DBJV members and coordinate any third party external audits initiated by the owner ensuring all site personnel, documentation/records are available as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture for all employees, vendors, and customers and follow all safety policies, procedures, and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions
- Thorough review the project specifications and drawings to develop Quality Management Plans and Inspection and Testing Plans (ITP).
- Develop, implement and oversee the DBJV Quality Management System and Quality
- Management Plans
- Ensure NSCP carries out all tests and inspections, provides documentation and performs
- other quality management activities in accordance with this Agreement, DBJV’s Quality
- Management System and the Quality Management Plans.
- Coordinate quality inspections and examinations with all site subcontractors
- Coordinate with customer representatives matters/concerns regarding quality
- Distribute relevant QA/QC documentation to site supervision and subcontractors
- Verify that the quality related site activities are in compliance with applicable codes and standards
- Participate in site internal and external audits
- Prepare monthly reports that all tests and inspections and all other quality management activities have been carried out as per project agreement.
- Coordinate all quality site inspections with the site QC inspectors
- Ensure Quality records, acceptance certificates, and qualification are prepared and collated in accordance with project requirements.
- Control all nonconformance reports and ensure corrective actions and preventative actions are undertaken
- Ensure Inspection and Test plans are followed and update as required
- Ensure close-out of all open and or outstanding Non-Conformances.
- Ensure Proper start-up and commissioning
- Documentation Turnover quality records of the project are provided as per project agreement
- Other duties as assigned
- CSA W178.1 CWB Certified Level 1 Welding Inspector
- HDPE Fusion Inspection and Records Management Experience
- Hydrostatic Testing Experience
- Calibration Management
- Nonconformance Management
- 5+ years Field Experience
- NACE Coating Inspection
- Experience Implementing Field Level Project Specific Quality Plan
- Concrete and Masonry Familiarity
- Civil Works Experience
- Action Orientated
- Customer Focus
- Timely Decision Making
- Ethics and Values
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Peer Relationships
- Problem Solving
- Drive for Results
- Managerial Courage
- Developing Direct Reports and Others
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move 50 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, stand and walk
- The employee may regularly be exposed to outdoor weather conditions, extreme cold and heat, and moderate to loud noise
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee on occasion will work in wet, humid conditions, and work near moving mechanical parts.
- The employee will regularly be exposed to outdoor weather conditions, extreme cold and heat, and moderate noise.
- Position requires you to work on various sites, pending the work locations.