This position will be responsible for leading a corporate yard team to provide excellent customer service and work product through effective and efficient operations. Coordinates projects by closely working with departmental and divisional leadership. Also responsible for the overall safety, quality, performance and customer experience within the yard.
The essential duties and responsibilities of the position include, but not limited to:
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture for all employees, vendors, and customers and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; providing feedback; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Identify and leverage maintenance and repair service best practices across the organization to control and reduce costs. Develop, implement and maintain “best in class” support to deliver high and consistent service levels to internal and external customers.
- Monitor budget and operational metrics while diagnosing and improving processes and procedures to ultimately improve performance and profitability.
- Establish or adjust work procedures to meet operations’ schedules. Confers with Supervisors/Managers to coordinate activities between the Shop, Supply Warehouse, Logistics, and DOT. Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists in solving work problems.
- Work with Shop Supervisor to establish preventative maintenance schedules and suggest changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department, or work crew.
- Delegation-assists direct reporting Leads in matching responsibilities to the person.
- Lead the implementation, use and continuous improvement of computerized repair and maintenance work order system and fleet management program.
- Identify, update, and maintain required certifications; organize and retain documentation.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications include a minimum of five years of prior management experience in utility construction and an associate’s degree in mechanics or related field. A valid driver license for the types of vehicles which may be driven and an acceptable driving record as determined by the DOT Operations Director and Michels Legal Department is required. Applicants must be able to handle multiple projects at one time, manage tight deadlines, demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication to collaborate with various levels of management and proficiency in computer software skills specifically with parts inventory software.