This position is responsible for repairing and maintaining mechanical equipment on drill rigs such as engines, motors, hydraulics, conveyor systems, and production machines.
The essential duties and responsibilities of the position include, but not limited to:
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture for all employees, vendors, and customers and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- Observe mechanical devices in operation and listens to their sounds to locate causes of trouble and examine form and texture of parts to detect imperfections.
- Lubricate and clean parts.
- Perform minor work on equipment such as changing clutches, filters, oil, hinges, service engine etc.
- Take samples of hydraulic fluids and packages for analysis.
- Perform preventative maintenance inspections on appropriate equipment.
- Dismantle devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
- Perform minor welding responsibilities.
- Operate forklift to move parts and equipment throughout shop and yard, and occasionally load or unload trucks.
- Complete entry into Fleet Software to record work performed, order parts, etc.
- Complete daily maintenance and cleaning of work area.
- Other duties as assigned
Candidates must have at least two years of experience in related mechanical repair, as well as a minimum of 6 months prior hand welding experience. Completion of a Diesel Equipment Mechanical Technical Program is preferred.