This position will be accountable for managing all aspects of department of transportation road construction projects.
The essential duties and responsibilities of the position include, but not limited to:
- Promote safety – assist with the implementation of all applicable HSE programs, policies and procedures.
- Under general supervision, review project proposal or plan to fully understand the scope of the work and contract to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
- Proactively build and sustain relationships with clients and general/sub-contractors, both while on the job and through networking outside of work. Ensure we are proactively communicating with the client at all times.
- Confers with project staff to outline work plan and to assign duties and responsibilities.
- Responsible for contract management: initial conversations through final project close-out. Additionally once awarded/executed, serve as the point of contact for customers (internal and external) on contractual matters, ensuring timely review and reconciliation/approval of variations.
- In coordination with field leadership, coordinates activities of the project to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Reviews status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules or plans as required.
- Prepares and/or reviews project reports for management, client, or others.
- Confers with project personnel to resolve problems and escalate as appropriate.
- Coordinates project activities with government regulatory or other governmental agencies.
- Responsible for the coordination of the RFP process; create and develop the bid proposal.
- Complete estimating work, as necessary. Review bid requirements thoroughly and ask follow-up questions as necessary ensuring all necessary information is captured during bid day.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications include a minimum of two years of prior department of transportation or related road constriction experience, with a proven track record of profitability. Applicants must be able to handle multiple projects at one time, possess the ability to successfully negotiate terms and conditions, manage tight deadlines, demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication to collaborate with various levels of management and proficiency in computer software skills specifically with estimating and job cost tracking software.