Michels Corporation has been pioneering innovative new technologies for more than five decades, growing from a small pipeline construction company into one of the largest, most diversified utility contractors in North America. Michels delivers construction, engineering and procurement services that keep pace with growing demands in the energy, transportation and utility construction industries. Michels has expanded its services and scopes of expertise to include 16 divisions, one affiliated company, 5,000 employees and 10,000 pieces of heavy equipment from coast to coast.
What separates us from our competition?
- Consistently ranked in the top 50 of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record.
- Steady overall organizational growth since 2011
- Michels invested an average of $5,000 per employee on training each year averages 260,000 training hours each year
- Comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision insurance, competitive wages, 401(k) plan, paid time off plan and much more!
The essential duties and responsibilities of the position include, but not limited to:
- Promote safety – assist with the implementation of all applicable HSE programs, policies and procedures
- Accurately run survey measuring instruments including Global Navigation Software System (GNSS) equipment and robotic total stations
- Interpret contracts and project specifications assigned to accurately collect required data
- Collect quality field survey data
- Conduct GNSS processing; conventional observation reductions and level reductions
- Conduct a statistical analysis of results and least squares adjustments
- Keep accurate field notes by recording all important data
- Utilize 3D Civil Software to produce design calculations, alignment calculations and drafting responsibilities
- Attend and participate in planning meeting to coordinate work between the project engineer, superintendent, and foreman for each project
- Prepare and submit submittals, RFI’s, and change orders
- Other duties as assigned
- Manage tight deadlines
- Applicants must be able to thrive in fast-paced environments
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication to collaborate with various levels of management
- Educational background in Survey Engineering
- Strong mathematical skills
- Excellent computer software skills, specifically with Total Station and GNSS equipment