Michels Corporation has been pioneering innovative new technologies for more than five decades, growing from a small pipeline construction company into one of the largest, most diversified utility contractors in North America. Michels delivers construction, engineering and procurement services that keep pace with growing demands in the energy, transportation and utility construction industries. Michels has expanded its services and scopes of expertise to include 16 divisions, one affiliated company, 5,000 employees and 10,000 pieces of heavy equipment from coast to coast.
What separates us from our competition?
- Consistently ranked in the top 50 of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record.
- Steady overall organizational growth since 2011
- Michels invested an average of $5,000 per employee on training each year averages 260,000 training hours each year.
- Comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision insurance, competitive paid, 401(k) plan, time off plans and much more!
The essential duties and responsibilities of the position include, but not limited to:
- Promote safety – assist with the implementation of all applicable HSE programs, policies and procedures
- In coordination with project leadership, coordinate activities of the project to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget
- Order, track, and measure yields of permanent materials
- Document control process and follow through with proper procedure
- Assist in developing and implementing work plans, checklist, and regulatory compliance
- Oversee the submittal and RFI processes from beginning to end
- Track and report on operations to optimize production and minimize costs
- Communicate with clients, vendors, and subcontractors while representing Michels’ best interests
- Verify estimates meet client and RFP requirements, utilizing established processes
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Mining, or Mechanical Engineering and have 1-3 years’ experience with major projects in heavy civil construction such as water and wastewater, pipeline, trenchless technologies, transportation, and structures.
- Possess the ability to successfully negotiate terms and conditions.
- Manage tight deadlines.
- Positive attitude with the desire to take initiative and continue to grow professionally.
- High level of organization and attention to details.
- Applicants must be able to thrive in fast-paced environments.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication to collaborate with various levels of management.
- Excellent computer software skills including the Microsoft Office suite, AutoCAD or similar 2D-3D software, and scheduling software.