This position will be accountable for managing a phase of a larger project or managing multiple smaller projects that are approximately $500K or less. Responsibilities include planning, directing, and coordinating activities of designated project to ensure that goals or objectives of project are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
The essential duties of the position include, but not limited to:
- Promote safety – assist with the implementation of all applicable HSE programs, policies and procedures.
- Under the direct supervision of the assigned manager, reviews project proposal or plan to fully understand the scope of the work and contract to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
- Confers with project staff to outline work plan and to assign duties and responsibilities.
- In coordination with field leadership, coordinates activities of the project to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Responsible for contract management: initial conversations through final project close-out. Additionally once awarded/executed, serve as the point of contact for customers (internal and external) on contractual matters, ensuring timely review and reconciliation/approval of variations.
- Reviews status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules or plans as required.
- Prepares and/or reviews project reports for management, client, or others.
- Confers with project personnel to resolve problems and escalate as appropriate.
- Coordinates project activities with activities of government regulatory or other governmental agencies.
- Responsible for the coordination of the RFP process; create and develop the bid proposal.
- Complete estimating work as necessary. Review bid requirements thoroughly and ask follow-up questions as necessary ensuring all necessary information is captured during bid day.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications include three to five years of prior project management experience in electrical utility construction and/or a B.S in Construction Management or Civil Engineering. Applicants must be able to handle multiple projects at one time, possess the ability to successfully negotiate terms and conditions, manage tight deadlines, demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication to collaborate with various levels of management and proficiency in computer software skills specifically with estimating and job cost tracking software. Experience with Primavera Software is highly beneficial. This position will require travel to project sites throughout the east coast.