Michels Corporation has been pioneering innovative new technologies for more than five decades, growing from a small pipeline construction company into one of the largest, most diversified utility contractors in North America. Michels delivers construction, engineering and procurement services that keep pace with growing demands in the energy, transportation and utility construction industries. Michels has expanded its services and scopes of expertise to include 17 divisions, one affiliated company, 5,000 employees and 10,000 pieces of heavy equipment from coast to coast.
What separates us from our competition?
- Consistently ranked in the top 50 of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record.
- Steady overall organizational growth since 2011
- Michels invested an average of $5,000 per employee on training each year averages 260,000 training hours each year.
- Comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision insurance, competitive paid, 401(k) plan, time off plans and much more!
The essential duties and responsibilities of the position include, but not limited to:
- Promote safety – assist with the implementation of all applicable HSE programs, policies and procedures.
- Manage Foreman and crew on a daily basis.
- Observe performance of Foreman and crews; evaluate and make recommendations for improvement.
- Schedule equipment for efficiency and maximization of resources.
- Coordinate activities of the project to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Report work in progress promptly and accurately; approve subcontractor/vendor invoices.
- Prepare and/or review project reports for management, client, or others.
- Confer with project personnel to resolve problems and escalate as appropriate.
- Proactively build and sustain relationships with clients, vendors, and general and/or sub-contractors. Ensure we are communicating at all times.
- Coordinate project activities with municipal or other governmental agencies.
- Attend construction and other project related meetings.
- Work alongside and closely with other Construction Managers in your region.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Five years of prior Construction management experience with major projects in heavy civil construction such as water and wastewater, pipeline, trenchless technologies, transportation, and structures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management related field is preferred.
- Applicants must be able to thrive in fast-paced environments.
- Possess the ability to successfully negotiate terms and conditions.
- Manage tight deadlines.
- Positive attitude with the desire to continue learning.
- High level of organization and attention to details.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication to collaborate with various levels of management.
- Excellent computer software skills, specifically with estimating and job cost tracking software. Knowledge of HCSS is a plus, but not required.
Come work in a team-oriented environment where quality is the standard and a strong work ethic is valued.