|Location:||Nisku, Alberta Canada|
|Employment duration:||Full time|
Michels Canada Co. is currently seeking an Executive Assistant to do administrative support for the Vice President.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the VP, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response
2. Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the VP's office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff
3. Manage and maintain VP’s business and personal schedules, meetings, appointments and travel arrangements
4. Screen telephone calls and visitors, and resolve inquiries using tact and sound judgment
5. Logistics for internal and external meetings as well as providing all relevant administrative functions including drafting documentation, monthly expense reports etc.
6. Organize meetings- take minutes, audio-visual support
7. Prepare and distribute various reports on a weekly and monthly basis as required
8. Other duties may be assigned
• A minimum of 7-10 years of experience in administration
• Ability to handle confidential information
• Possess advanced computer skills and is profiecient in Microfost Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat
• Multi-tasking skills and the ability to proactively support requests from various staff
• You must be results oriented, have the demonstrated ability to effecively prioritize workflow, be very organized, extremely detail-oriented and able to prioritize tasks in a timely manner
• Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
• Action oriented and full of energy for things that may seem challenging
• Establishes and maintains effective relationships with internal and external individuals
• Adheres to Michels Core Values and beliefs during both good and bad times
• Builds constructive and effective relationships
• Faces up to people problems quickly and directly
• Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
• The employee must regularly lift and/or move 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, stand and walk.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Extended health benefits, pension, life and disability coverage as per union agreement.
Various locations around British Colombia
1102 16 Avenue
This document describes general information about the position however should not be considered as comprehensive. Michels Corporation reserves the right to modify job duties or descriptions at any time. This document is not an employment contract.
|Back to Search Results