This position is responsible for managing multiple projects ensuring profitable operations. Plan, direct, and coordinate activities of designated projects to ensure that goals or objectives of projects are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
The essential duties and responsibilities of these positions may include, but not be limited to:
- Promote safety – assist with the implementation of all applicable HSE programs, policies and procedures.
- Works under general supervision to review project proposal or plan to fully understand the scope of the work and contract to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of the project.
- Proactively build and sustain relationships with clients and general/sub-contractors, both while on the job and through networking outside of work. Ensure we are proactively communicating with the client at all times.
- Confers with project staff to outline work plan and to assign duties and responsibilities.
- Manage project to ensure profitable and timely operations, exceeding budget and quality expectations.
- Responsible for contract management: initial conversations through final project close-out. Additionally, once awarded/executed, ensuring timely review and reconciliation/approval of variances.
- In coordination with field leadership, coordinates activities of the project to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Reviews status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules or plans as required.
- Prepares and/or reviews project reports for management, client, or others.
- Confers with project personnel to resolve problems and escalate as appropriate.
- Coordinates project activities with activities of government regulatory or other governmental agencies.
- Assist with estimating work as necessary. Review bid requirements thoroughly and ask follow-up questions as necessary ensuring all necessary information is captured during bid day.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications include five to seven years of prior cured in place pipe, plumbing, sewer and water, pipeline or other related industry estimating and/or project management experience, with a proven track record of quality and profitability. Applicants must be able to handle multiple projects at one time, possess the ability to successfully negotiate terms and conditions, manage tight deadlines, demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication to collaborate with various levels of management and proficiency in computer software skills specifically with estimating and job cost tracking software. Candidates must possess a valid driver’s license.