This position is responsible for supervising and coordinating activities of employees engaged in setting up, installing, repairing and maintaining vehicles, delegating tasks to shop employees and administrative duties. Critical for success is the ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listen and get clarification; respond well to questions.
The essential duties and responsibilities of the position include, but not limited to:
- Direct all aspects of management related to the Shop employees under your supervision. This includes discipline, evaluation, training, day-to-day direction, time approval, and hiring/termination with supervisor approval.
- Document, implement and audit safety measures. Conduct daily shop safety meeting and promote safety culture. Communicate company policies and enforce safety regulations to employees.
- Monitor the shop budget ensuring expenses are in line and variances can be explained. Generate purchase orders, review and close work orders, and review and route invoices. Perform inventory checks and implement appropriate inventory controls.
- Establish or adjust work procedures to meet operations schedules. Field incoming calls and document services requested.
- Confirm with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department, or work crew.
- Assist in the implementation, use and continuous improvement of computerized repair and maintenance work order system and fleet management program.
- Analyze and resolve work problems.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates must have an Associate’s degree in related field, minimum 5 years of related experience, or equivalent combination. Candidate must have a valid and acceptable Class A CDL.