|Location:||British Columbia, Canada|
JOB TITLE: Scheduler
DEPARTMENT: Pipeline Projects
REPORTS TO: Project Manager(s)
Responsible for developing and preparing project schedules during a project lifecycle. With the ability to manage multiple schedules.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Develop, monitor and update integrated project plans and schedules so that projects can be executed efficiently and in compliance with the contract milestones
2. Prepare baseline schedules and schedule basis documents for approval by project teams
3. Assess impacts to the critical path and near-critical activities and report to the project team
4. Monitor schedule deviations and variances and assist in the developing alternate methods for corrective action
5. Prepare and provide schedule progress reports, trending charts and schedule analysis on a periodic basis
6. Maintain record of scope changes, trends and variances that potentially affect schedule performance
7. Assure credibility of the information contained in the schedule
8. Review schedules with project team members on a regular basis to ensure that accurate and timely data is incorporated in the schedule
9. Analyze and optimize schedules from A/E firms, Vendors, internal resources and General Contractors
10. Verify schedule integrity and evaluate logic and float paths
11. Evaluate activity sequences for constructability
12. Make recommendations to manage float and sequence activities, if required, to achieve project milestone dates and interim target completion dates
13. Analyze change orders for schedule impacts
14. Resource load schedules as required by the project team
15. Perform site visits to verify physical progress of scheduled activities as required
16. Facilitate project scheduling meetings and/or interactive planning meetings as required by the project team
17. Participate in project meetings at the discretion of the project manager
18. Comply with departmental scheduling practices and procedures
19. At the completion of the project, develop and record the project’s historical schedule information and lessons learned‚ for future use
• 5-12 years’ experience as a planner/scheduler on pipeline or facilities capital projects, including design and construction phases
• Demonstrated expertise in the use of modern planning and scheduling principals, methodologies, techniques and tools
• Must have valid driver’s license, willing to travel and temporarily live in project location for duration of the project
• Strong proficiency using Primavera P6
• Strong proficiency using Microsoft Project Standard
• Certification by AACE or PMI in planning/scheduling is preferred, but not required
• Able to prioritize work assignments and manage time effectively, juggling multiple tasks and requests
• Able to effectively multitask and manage changes in priorities while still meeting tight deadlines
• Possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including strong writing, editing and proofreading abilities
• Desire to work in a team environment, working towards common goals and objectives
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
• The employee must regularly lift and/or move 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, stand and walk.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
• Must be able to drive to site
This document describes general information about the position however should not be considered as comprehensive. Michels Canada reserves the right to modify job duties or descriptions at any time. This document is not an employment contract.
|Back to Search Results