|Location:||Nisku, Alberta Canada|
|Employment duration:||Full time|
JOB TITLE: Tunnel Superintendent
REPORTS TO: Tunneling Manager
LOCATION: Based out of Nisku AB for projects across Canada
Michels Canada Co. is currently seeking Highly Experienced Tunnel Superintendents for Tunnel projects across Canada.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Project Coordination, and oversight of labor, equipment, materials, required for the installation of various types of tunnel and shaft construction (two pass tunneling, pipe jacking, roadheader, microtunneling,
2. Mobilization and set up of all tunnel equipment and personnel, set-up and testing of the EPBTBMs, MTBMs, review and training of crews, on-site maintenance of mechanical equipment, specialized tunneling equipment.
3. Establish work schedules (Planning), oversee safety of operations on site and within tunnel. Review and evaluates production rates for tunnel and shaft construction.
4. Accurate preparation and submission of numerous reports and Time and Materials reports. Review budget and assist with project forecasting.
5. Training and transfer of tunnel knowledge to local crews, foreman, mechanics, and TBM operators.
• Valid Driver’s License
• Completion of high school, some college/CEGEP/vocational or technical training Credentials (certificates, licenses, memberships, courses, etc.)
• Supervisory Experience: Minimum 10 years of Tunneling experience for projects with two pass conventional tunneling with EPBTBM’s and tunnel cuttings disposal. Knowledge of tunnel equipment of various types is required. Pipe jacking experience on projects with pipe OD 30” and larger.
• Experience in pipeline crossings or rivers, wetland and infrastructure for projects with pipe OD 30” and greater. Pipe jacking for utility services with projects with pipe 30” OD and larger.
• Vast knowledge of Tunneling technology and procedures. Working knowledge of hydraulic engineering and applied mechanical engineering. Candidates must be skilled in hydraulics repair, electrical repair, welding and troubleshooting.
• Must have a minimum of 20 years of experience in tunneling. Candidate required having previous experience supervising laborers.
• Utility tunnel construction experience preferred. Knowledge of negative and positive pressure ventilation experience.
• First Aid Certificate, Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate, confined space awareness; Hydrogen Sulphide Awareness Certificate is preferred.
• Communication – verbal, writing and reading in English
• Problem Solving
• Decision Making
• Critical Thinking
• Job task planning and organizing
• Working knowledge of computers
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is regularly required to sit, talk or hear, use hands and fingers to signal, handle or touch, reach above shoulders, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and taste or smell.
• The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds to move minor material.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to work in wet, humid conditions, and work near moving mechanical parts.
• The employee will regularly be exposed to outdoor weather conditions, extreme cold and heat, and moderate noise.
• Position requires you to work on various sites, pending the work locations.
Wage: $102.75/ Hr CAD
Benefits: Extended health benefits- medical, dental, disability, life, insurance, Group RSP and possible bonus
This document describes general information about the position however should not be considered as comprehensive. Michels Corporation reserves the right to modify job duties or descriptions at any time. This document is not an employment contract.
1102-16 Ave Nisku, AB
|Back to Search Results