HDD Directional Drill Operator
|Location:||British Columbia, Canada|
|Employment duration:||Full time|
|Employee Referral Bonus:||Not Applicable|
Michels Canada Co. is currently seeking skilled and highly Experienced Pipeline Horizontal Directional Drill (HDD) Equipment Operators for our Pipeline Horizontal Directional Drilling operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Operation of pipeline HDD rig and related equipment including pumps, pressure mud pumps and recycling equipment
2. On-site maintenance of technical equipment, necessary record-keeping of plots and drill logs
3. Supervision of HDD crew, working knowledge of hydraulic engineering and applied mechanical engineering
• Valid Driver’s License
• Completion of high school
• Pipeline Construction Safety Training (PCST) Certificate
• First Aid Certificate
• Hydrogen Sulphide Awareness (H2S) Certificate
• Minimum 3 years on pipeline HDD rigs greater than 850,000lbs capacity
• Oil and gas well drilling and well servicing experience
• Understanding of all types of drilling tasks including wire-line placement, repair, set-up, operation of drill motors, and down hoe tooling
• Skilled in hydraulics repair, electrical repair and troubleshooting
• Working knowledge of pipeline horizontal directional drill rig with a capacity of over 500,000lbs push and pull
• Complete surveying skills and experience utilizing a Total Station for layout of grade elevations
• Experience completing pipeline river crossings, work in wetlands, and infrastructure for projects with pipe OD 24” and greater
• Experience completing microtunneling for utility services with projects with pipe 30” OD and larger
• English language proficiency in reading and writing, document use, numeracy, communication, working with others, problem solving, decision making, critical thinking, job task planning and organizing, computer use
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is regularly required to sit, talk or hear, use hands and fingers to signal, handle or touch, reach above shoulders, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and taste or smell.
• The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds to move minor material.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to work in wet, humid conditions, and work near moving mechanical parts.
• The employee will regularly be exposed to outdoor weather conditions, extreme cold and heat, and moderate noise.
• Position requires you to work on various sites, pending the work locations.
Extended health benefits, pension, life and disability coverage as per union agreement.
Various locations around British Colombia
1102 16 Avenue
This document describes general information about the position however should not be considered as comprehensive. Michels Corporation reserves the right to modify job duties or descriptions at any time. This document is not an employment contract.
|Back to Search Results