FSG is a mission-driven consulting firm that advises foundations and corporations interested creating large-scale, lasting social change. At FSG, our people are our most valuable asset. We recognize that hiring and retaining talented and engaged individuals is vital to the ongoing success of our firm and the change we hope to ignite and support in the world. Learn more about FSG here.
The Recruiting and HR Assistant will contribute to our recruiting, onboarding, professional development, and HR processes to help us attract, hire, and support a diverse and thriving team. In partnership with other members of the People Team, the Recruiting and HR Assistant will incorporate diversity, equity, and inclusion principles into all aspects of our talent strategy. This role will report to Marcia LoMonaco, Associate Director, Talent Strategy.
- Recruiting Pipeline Logistics and Scheduling: Post openings on job boards, respond to candidate inquiries, schedule interviews and reference checks, processing candidates’ expense reimbursements, providing FSG interviewers with relevant materials for candidate evaluation
- Systems Administration: Enter and manage candidate data in our Applicant Tracking System (Taleo); ensure all information is accurate and up-to-date; run weekly reports to track candidate pipelines. Enter and manage new hire and employee information in our Human Resource Information System (BambooHR) and Enterprise Resource Planning system (NetSuite); ensure all information is accurate and up-to-date; run reports on employee data to inform our overall talent strategy
- New Hire Onboarding and Integration: Schedule welcome events, training sessions, and professional development check-ins for new hires; manage new hire paperwork process; in partnership with other members of the People team create customized onboarding plans as needed. Coordinate technical aspects of onboarding process by partnering with other Operations teams (e.g., Administrative, Communications, Finance, IT, etc.) to ensure new hires are integrated into our systems and have the information and tools they need to do their work
- Benefits Administration: Coordinate benefits processing and support annual open enrollment process. Handle employee enrollments, updates, and terminations for multiple vendor systems, as well as the administration of COBRA. With guidance and support from our HR Manager, address employee questions about our benefits and policies
- Training and Performance Reviews Logistics and Scheduling: Support annual performance management processes at the firm, including scheduling reviews, tracking and collecting review inputs, and packaging materials; help maintain internal performance and development trackers and people metrics; support scheduling and logistics planning for training and development opportunities
- Support other People Team projects as needed: Partner with other People Team members to address overall needs of the firm; assignments may include compensation and benefits benchmarking, employee engagement, recognition, and retention efforts, maintenance of People Team resources on internal knowledge portal (The Hub), etc.
- 1-2 years of relevant administrative experience; human resource experience is a plus
- Extremely organized with careful attention to detail; ability to track assignments effectively
- Ability to balance multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment; ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality, discretion, and sensitivity regarding employee information
- Effective communicator in a business setting, including professional phone manner, excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to take initiative to get the job done and improve processes along the way
- Experience managing complex scheduling requests across multiple calendars
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel; experience using Excel to track and analyze data is strongly preferred
- Dedication to FSG’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion (learn more here). Experience embedding equity principles into talent practices and polices is a plus
- Passion for FSG’s mission to create large-scale, lasting social change; knowledge of the social sector preferred
- Experience with systems administration is strongly desired; knowledge of Taleo, BambooHR, and/or NetSuite is a plus
This is a full-time position based in one of FSG’s US offices (Boston, San Francisco, Seattle or Washington, DC). We offer a competitive and equitable compensation package with the goal of attracting and retaining exceptional people. Salary bands are set according to an explicit compensation policy, and relevant market data is analyzed when setting bands for each role. We also offer a generous benefits package including: health insurance with 100% of premiums covered by FSG, 3 weeks paid vacation, a 401(k) retirement plan with employer match, cell phone stipend, disability and life insurance, and more. Note: Visa sponsorship is not available for our US offices. In addition, we are unable to support the OPT Training Visa, as this visa will eventually require sponsorship.
Please submit a cover letter and your resume by following the prompts below. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Equal Opportunity Employer
As an equal opportunity employer, we value diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are committed to equal employment and promotion opportunity regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
FSG is a mission-driven consulting firm. We are experienced advisors to corporate, foundation, and nonprofit/NGO leaders. Through our combination of customized consulting services, powerful insights, and ground-breaking initiatives, we help clients around the world create social impact.