Performs entry level professional library work within an assigned department or may supervise library personnel as head of an operating unit of the Library System or of a small branch library. Runs the daily operation of a small library and may supervise staff assigned to these libraries, including training, evaluating, counseling, disciplining, directing and scheduling staff. Ensures that library operations run smoothly according to policies and procedures set forth by the County and the Library Board of Trustees.
- Reviews, conducts searches of, and studies reference computer database and various other print and media formats internal and external for answers to patron’s questions. *
- Teaches patrons usage of computer catalog and aids in locating materials. *
- Assigns computer instructors and helps with internet search. *
- Records changes and handles paperwork for technical processing. *
- Plans, develops, implements, and presents children’s programs and projects.
- Catalogs books, audio/visual material, videos, computer software, compact disks and audiocassettes.*
- Maintains and updates library catalog information and tracks materials transferred between branches.
- Develops and maintains children’s or juvenile book collections and other print and non-print media. *
- Supervises staff, including developing, training, counseling, directing, scheduling, and evaluating. *
- Participates in the selection of new library books, materials, and supplies.
- Assists patrons in finding information and by recommending information sources. *
- Collects library fees and fines, provides tax forms and voter registration services to the public. *
- Participates with other libraries for the continuing exchange of documents and materials.
- Supervises branch in the absence of the branch manager, including opening and closing.
- Presents and organizes programs for, and works with various community groups and organizations. *
- Interviews, hires and supervises library volunteers including community service workers.
- Manages budget for assigned branch.
* Indicates an "essential" job function.
Master's degree in Library Science from an American Library Association accredited graduate school. Must obtain a Librarian's Professional Graduate Certificate issued by the Georgia State Board for the Certification of Librarians within six months of appointment.