Applies principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports by performing the following duties.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Participates in monthly close cycle, preparing general ledger entries ensuring monthly results are accurately presented;
- Collects, reviews appropriate data in order to prepare and remit various assigned state, and local sales tax, property tax, and business license returns in a timely manner.
- Performs monthly reconciliations for various general ledger accounts;
- Responsibility for reporting the companies daily cash position;
- Responsibility for managing fixed asset and depreciation; (Sage)
- Preparation of budget to actual variance reports;
- Participates in annual financial audit;
- May perform statistical analyses to determine trends, estimates, and significant changes, and writing narrative reports explaining findings.
- Determines proper handling of financial transactions and approves transactions within designated limits.
- Monitors compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and company procedures.
- Reviews, investigates, and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries.
- Special projects as assigned.
Competencies, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common accounting journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Proficient in basic business math principles; ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as validity analysis; and, ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- ERP Accounting software
- Financial Reporting Systems (FRX, Hyperion)
- Payroll systems
- Internet search and applications
- Ability to prepare written documents to conform to respective audience.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university;
- 3-5 years of progressive GL/accounting experience.
- Strong attention to detail is a must for this position.
- ERP system (Oracle/JD Edwards) experience is desirable.
About the Company:
TriMark R.W. Smith was established in San Diego in 1935 as a wholesale food service equipment and supply distributor serving San Diego County. Currently, we have two distinct business lines including a full-service turnkey supplier of food service supplies and equipment and c ustom design/fabrication of controlled environment rooms .
Our Benefits Package:
Our total compensation package includes market competitive base salaries; bonus programs; and, employee benefits, which are available after 30-days of consecutive full-time employment. Our paid time off program includes paid vacation, paid sick leave and nine holidays.
- TriMark R.W. Smith offers medical insurance with prescription drug coverage; dental, vision and life insurance programs; and 100% employer paid premium for long- term disability coverage. Full time employees are also eligible to participate in the Section 125 pretax premium plan, health and dependent care spending accounts; health savings accounts (when paired with a high deductible health plan); and our pretax and post-tax 401(k) retirement savings plans.
- TriMark R.W. Smith is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.
- TriMark R.W. Smith participates in E-Verify , a service of DHS and SSA, where required. See the E-Verify notice in English or Español.
- TriMark R.W. Smith will consider all applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Chance Initiative.
- If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our Career Center as a result of your disability. To request assistance or an accommodation, please contact Human Resources at: email@example.com.
- Only local applicants will be considered for this position. Relocation costs are not covered by TriMark R.W. Smith.
- Employment with TriMark R.W. Smith may be contingent upon successfully complying with the Company's post-offer, preemployment drug/alcohol screen, a background check, and a motor vehicle record pull. Employees who either drive a company-owned vehicle or routinely drive their own vehicle while conducting business on behalf of the Company may be required to annually participate in our motor vehicle record pull, and to provide the Company with a copy of their driver's license and motor vehicle insurance.
- We provide a smoke-free and drug-free work environment.
- Third-party recruiters and agencies without a current signed contract should not respond to this posting.