This is an exceptional opportunity to join a growing business offering a dynamic workplace. DAS is the leading provider of Legal Expense Insurance, a relatively new class of insurance in Canada, providing Canadians with:
- Financial protection from costly legal expenses
- Ability to defend or pursue their legal rights
- Unlimited access to legal advice
We are looking for an individual who is passionate about taking a hands-on-role in building the legal expense insurance market in Canada, working closely with other team members, related companies and vendors.
You are enthusiastic and embrace the challenges of working in a smaller, fast-paced, entrepreneurial insurance company. That dynamic, along with many other reasons, is why 100% of DAS Canada staff recently voted we are a GREAT PLACE TO WORK!
Major Duties & Responsibilties
- Evaluate new claims and potential claims and manage workloads including the conduct of any in-house work.
- Participate hands-on in the resolution of complex claims and coverage issues.
- Deliver training on products, risk management presentations and advice to lawyers and firms.
- Monitor outsourced claims to ensure quality assurance and that excellent client service is achieved and maintained.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with external lawyers.
- Assist with various accounting functions as assigned.
- Assist in the development, implementation and administration of claims management policies, procedures, and systems that will maintain DAS's success as a continually evolving, high-functioning claims handling service.
- Fluently Bilingual in French & English
- Ability to evaluate and assist in the successful resolution of complex litigation; and
- Superior judgment and analytical, organizational, advocacy, administrative, IT, presentation and writing skills.
- Five 5 years’ experience in claims adjusting, preferably in Quebec, including some experience in the insurance industry;
- Motivated, Pro-active, and fast learner.
- Deadline driven with ability to multi-task.
- Detail and solutions oriented.
- Demonstrates the highest degree of professional ethics, honesty and integrity.
- A key element to this candidate’s success and assimilation into the DAS team will be his or her ability to embrace and embody our values.To become a part of this team, he/she must:
- Exhibit a passion for playing an integral role in an entrepreneurial operation.
- Be driven, results-oriented and meet targets consistently with top quality work.
- Possess the confidence, astute business sense, and superior communication skills that are essential to success within this dynamic, high-performance organization.
- Be energetic, focused and thrive on the challenges associated with fast-paced, growing environments.
- Be assertive but not obstinate, outgoing and enthusiastic, and has the tenacity required to get people on side in order to get the job done.
- Be innovative and solutions-oriented.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Munich Re.
Munich Re Canada is committed to providing a work environment that is inclusive and free of employment barriers and discrimination. Accommodations will be made for qualified applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. If you receive a request for an interview and you have a disability which will require an accommodation to support your participation, please consult with human resources or contact AODARequestHR@munichre.ca as soon as practical so that suitable accommodations can be arranged.