This is an exceptional opportunity to join a growing business offering a dynamic workplace. DAS is the leading provider of Legal Expense Insurance, a relatively new class of insurance in Canada, providing Canadians with:
- Financial protection from costly legal expenses
- Ability to defend or pursue their legal rights
- Unlimited access to legal advice
We are looking for an individual that is passionate about taking a hands-on-role in building the legal expense insurance market in Canada, working closely with other team members, related companies and vendors.
You are enthusiastic and embrace the challenges of working in a smaller, fast-paced, entrepreneurial insurance company. That dynamic, along with many other reasons, is why 100% of DAS Canada staff recently voted we are a GREAT PLACE TO WORK!
- Evaluate submissions and rate risks.
- Finalize quotations within underwriting authority.
- Act as a technical referral point for the Underwriting Services Department.
- Track all questions and referrals to allow analysis and identification of trends and knowledge gaps.
- Feed information to the VP UW regarding identified trends and concerns over knowledge and skills.
- Coach and mentor members of the Underwriting Services Department.
- Assist members of the Underwriting Services Department to work through their technical development framework.
- Assist with Quality Assurance.
- Exposure monitoring, analysis and interpretation.
- Focus on retaining and developing existing business, through excellent customer service.
- Responsible for maintaining the policy lifecycle and ensuring that automated records are automated and up to date.
- Ensure all contractual obligations are carried out in a timely fashion, including maintaining the contract itself.
- Via phone calls with customers explore what is happening in their world. Understand their situation and identify where we can add value by providing solutions or assistance where appropriate. Work with the relevant internal and external stakeholders to make this happen.
- Build effective working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist in the production of tenders for new business where required.
- Take responsibility for policy wordings and literature management.
- Manage your time to ensure that all work is completed on time and to the highest standard, ensuring that you are delivering what you have promised to our internal and external customers.
- Ensure that all your obligations to internal and external stakeholders are met in good time.
- Where required attending customer meetings, potentially at customer premises.
- Identify any concerns or trends that could impact on DAS, our products / services, or product performance. These concerns should be fed through appropriate channels.
- College or University Degree or equivalent work experience.
- CIP qualified.
- 3-5 years of Insurance Underwriting Experience preferrably within niche insurance focus.
- Experience with portfolio underwriting is welcome.
- Detailed knowledge of technical principles, procedures and systems.
- High Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Proficiency in AS400 software, and Microsoft Office software including Word, and PowerPoint.
- Bilingual in French & English (not required, but preferred).
- Motivated, pro-active, and fast learner
- You take full ownership of your responsibilities, with little need for constant supervision
- Professional and customer service oriented
- Deadline driven with an ability to multi-task
- Good listening and communication skills
- Detail and solutions oriented
- Warm, friendly, pleasant telephone and in-person manner
- Self-motivated and high energy
- Comfortable in dealing with difficult people
- Demonstrates the highest degree of professional ethics, honesty and integrity
- A key element to this candidate’s success and assimilation into the DAS team will be his or her ability to embrace and embody our values.To become a part of this team, he/she must:
- Exhibit a passion for playing an integral role in an entrepreneurial operation
- Be driven, results-oriented and meet targets consistently with top quality work
- Possess the confidence, astute business sense, and superior communication skills that are essential to success within this dynamic, high-performance organization
- Be energetic, focused and thrive on the challenges associated with fast-paced, growing environments
- Be focused on doing the right thing for the business
- Be creative, with a sense of humour and ability to instill fun, excitement in the group
We thank all applicants for their interest in Munich Re.
Munich Re Canada is committed to providing a work environment that is inclusive and free of employment barriers and discrimination. Accommodations will be made for qualified applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. If you receive a request for an interview and you have a disability which will require an accommodation to support your participation, please consult with human resources or contact AODARequestHR@munichre.ca as soon as practical so that suitable accommodations can be arranged.