This is an exceptional opportunity to join a growing business offering a dynamic workplace. DAS is the leading provider of Legal Expense Insurance, a relatively new class of insurance in Canada, providing Canadians with:
- Financial protection from costly legal expenses
- Ability to defend or pursue their legal rights
- Unlimited access to legal advice
We are looking for an individual that is passionate about taking a hands-on-role in building the legal expense insurance market in Canada, working closely with other team members, supporting our Sales team, related companies and vendors.
You are enthusiastic and embrace the challenges of working in a smaller, fast-paced, entrepreneurial insurance company. That dynamic, along with many other reasons, is why DAS Canada was selected as one of 2016’s Best Workplaces in Canada!
Please note: this role supports Western Canada, but is located in Toronto. Hours will primarily be 10am-6pm to support the Western team.
- Development of new business, retention and expansion of existing business for DAS.
- Contact Brokers listed in Salesforce and introduce/refresh DAS products
- Achievement of new business sales targets for allocated brokers via outbound sales calls
- Promotion of all DAS products to the Brokers.
- Relationship management of brokers, training of brokers on DAS products including conducting webinars and go to meetings
- Conduct and assist with Broker training and opportunity discussions
- Attend regional conferences as a DAS ambassador
- Support of Broker Consultants in developing of new business and retaining existing business
- Assists with booking appointments and generating leads for Broker Consultants
- Responds to Broker sales queries
- Support Broker Consultants and brokers with quotes, training, policyholder issues, Broker issues and concerns
- Handling customer calls as a primary point of contact.
- Coordinate Broker Training as necessary
- Regular data entry in to SalesForce.com and other internal database tools as requested.
- Research groups and news articles and furnish info to team.
- Follow up on quotes received, training attended and marketing requests
- College Diploma or University degree preferred
- Bi-lingual or fluent in French would be an asset
- An acceptable combination of education and experience
- 1-3 years previous experience in Sales with a strong understanding of sales principles and techniques
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment and function well under pressure.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Salesforce, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proven track record in obtaining targets
A key element to this candidate’s success and assimilation into the DAS team will be his or her ability to embrace and embody our values. To become a part of this team, he/she must:
- Motivated, proactive, and fast learner.
- Deadline driven with ability to multi-task.
- Detail and solutions oriented.
- Demonstrates the highest degree of professional ethics, honesty and integrity.
- A key element to this candidate’s success and assimilation into the DAS team will be his or her ability to embrace and embody our values.To become a part of this team, he/she must:
- Exhibit a passion for playing an integral role in an entrepreneurial operation.
- Be driven, results-oriented and meet targets consistently with top quality work.
- Possess the confidence, astute business sense, and superior communication skills that are essential to success within this dynamic, high-performance organization.
- Be energetic, focused and thrive on the challenges associated with fast-paced, growing environments.
- Be assertive but not obstinate, outgoing and enthusiastic, and has the tenacity required to get people on side in order to get the job done.
- Be innovative and solutions-oriented.
- Be a team player with a consensus building yet results-oriented style.
- Be non-political, non-territorial -- has a collegial style and does not let ego block the process.
- Be thoughtful but with a bias for action.
- Be focused on doing the right thing for the business.
- Be creative, with a sense of humour and ability to instill fun, excitement in the group.