Founded in 1992, MTEQ is a woman-owned business that provides superior Technical Services and Rapid Prototyping support to Government and commercial customers. We have more than 25 years of specialized experience in system development, electronics fabrication, and full-scale tactical prototyping, and systems integration for a variety of defense and commercial applications. MTEQ maintains a high performance culture that emphasizes quality, productivity, process improvement, goal attainment, and the recruitment and development of a superior workforce.
MTEQ is seeking a Radar Signal Processing Algorithm Engineer with extensive knowledge and strong communication skills to join our team of well qualified, diverse individuals at our Lorton, VA Office.
MTEQ is seeking a highly motivated individual who has strong radar signal processing algorithm skills/experience to serve as a key member of our software development team. Primary responsibilities will be the design, development,
and execution of radar based algorithms and solutions for both Linux and Windows based C2 and/or C4ISR systems and applications. A successful candidate will be responsible for:
Prototyping and developing radar based algorithms/solutions for C2 and/or C4ISR based systems improving their effective detection capability and mitigating false alarms
Concept development and performance trade studies
Development, prototyping, and testing radar sensor models and radar signal processing algorithms
Testing, verification, and validation of radar sensor and signal processing algorithm requirements and performance
Candidates must be able to communicate effectively with clients and be attentive to customer satisfaction and will be required to work closely with engineers of various disciplines in a team environment to provide engineering support through participation in project design reviews and peer reviews for all phases of a development task.
- Five-Ten (5-10) years’ experience/expertise in designing, developing and executing radar based algorithms/solutions for C2 and/or C4ISR systems
- Experience/familiarity with DoD C2 (Command & Control) and/or C4ISR (Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance) Systems
- Working knowledge of Matlab and one of the following programming languages: C, C++, Java, or Python
- Proven ability to contribute in a team environment to develop creative solutions to technical challenges.
- Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Proven ability to develop and present technical briefings
- Create, refine and adhere to formal software development processes
- Develop software documentation, including software test plans and reports
- B.S. in Physics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or applicable engineering or science field
- Coursework and/or experience with digital signal processing, probability theory, stochastic signal processing, and electromagnetic theory
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance, therefore U.S. Citizenship is required
- Knowledge of radar signal processing and analysis
- Experience/familiarity with hardware/software integration
- Experience/Expertise in various software development methodologies (e.g., Agile, Scrum)
Active Secret Security Clearance required, Top Secret preferred
PRIMARY LOCATION: Lorton, VA
SCHEDULE: Full time
MTEQ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
If because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process please send an e-mail to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or call (540) 658-2720 Opt 2 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.